Chapter 12

Hello my lovely readers! Thank you to everyone who's made it this far. I'm so happy you guys like it so far! I had a free moment so I decided to go ahead and upload this week's chapter. So without further ado, on with the story! 

It had been almost a year now since Ana began to live with the pack. She had been made the official Luna, although the bond hadn't been completed yet. They still searched to find a way around the problem, since no one wanted to let them complete the bond and risk their alpha's safety. The pack had been in an uproar at first. They'd grown to love and accept Ana. The fact that she was essentially a walking forbidden fruit was devastating. It wasn't until Taito reminded them they were a warrior pack, and there's nothing they hadn't defeated yet, that the pack was able to get back on their feet and come together to help find a solution.

However, the strain of not claiming his mate was taking its toll. Both Ana and Taito became progressively more irritable. They also could no longer stay in the same room as each other for long. Taito's wolf took over for longer periods. It was manageable at first, but now it was all everyone could do to make it through another day. Ana could stay long enough to calm him down, but she'd have to leave soon after, throwing him into another frenzy. The pack was at its whit's end with the alpha couple.

"Hang on a bit longer Taito. We're close. I know it." Taito had been moved to the infirmary. The doctor had finally decided to sedate him. Ana had snuck in shortly after everyone but a few night shift workers had left. She assumed it was fine since he was unconscious. I'll leave in the morning. I needed to see him. The bond had grown restless, creating an ache in her bones that only went away in his presence. Ana sighed and stole a quick glance around the room. He's asleep. It's fine, right? She began to climb into the bed next to him, but her hand slipped halfway. Ana flopped ungracefully on top of him, her limbs spread everywhere. She coughed awkwardly before attempting to get up. I was better off in the chair. While Ana was cursing her clumsiness, Taito's eyes were slowly opening. He'd been unconscious until his wolf stirred, sensing their mate. ...Ana? What's she doing here? Couldn't resist me perhaps? His wolf mirrored his smirk. Seems so, but I'm taking it from here. You've had plenty of time with her, and I've waited long enough. Wait! Damien! Have you forgotten about the wolfsbane? Plus, we can't bite her! We haven't officially asked yet. Kidnapping doesn't count. We told her she was. And look, she came to us all on her own. We won't last much longer if we don't her claim her now. I'm doing this for all of us – wolfsbane be damned. Damien cut the connection, smirking wider when he realized the position they were in. Ana didn't even have time to gasp before Damien had flipped them over.

"W-what? But you were...asleep..." Ana's breath caught when their eyes locked. The liquid gold glowing in Taito's eyes took her breath away. He grinned down at her.

"Pleasure to finally meet you my dear. I'm Damien, Taito's wolf."

"Uh, hi there? Mind getting off me Damien?" He only smirked and pressed closer, stopping when his lips met her neck.

"Sorry about this love, but I've waited long enough."

"What –" Ana was cut off by Damien sinking his teeth into her neck. She screamed and cried, the pain filled tears blurring her vision. He pulled back and licked the wound, effectively closing it. The pain faded, but tears continued to leak from her eyes. Damien reached to wipe them but she slapped his hand away. "Why did you do that?! You just put yourself in danger!"

"Ana I'm fine –"

"You're not! And no one said anything about you biting me until I bled! I should've known though when everyone complained about me blood, huh? That's sick. Don't touch me. I need time. That pain was ridiculous. And I know you're not, but it felt like I was being attacked by a monster. I need time to sort all of this out." Damien whimpered but nodded, pulling back and laying back on the bed. He turned his back to her as she walked out, softly closing the door. He wished she would have slammed it.