Chapter 8

She woke up to warm hands playing in her hair. She didn't want to wake up - she was warm and more comfortable than she thought she'd be sleeping in a chair. Said chair moved slightly, causing her head to rise before returning to its previous position. Chairs don't move like that. Huh. Wait, chairs don't move like that! Ana shot up so fast she tumbled to the floor. A low chuckle alerted her to her apparent audience. There sat the alpha, still smirking as he offered her a hand. She huffed and stood, ignoring it.

"What do you want?" He grasped his chest dramatically, feigning hurt.

"You wound me! You were the one looking adorable curled up in this chair. How could I possibly resist? Especially when you avoid me while awake." He wiggled his eyebrows while Ana crossed her arms and turned her head stubbornly to the side.

"Of course! You kidnapped me after all." His face fell, but the look was gone in a flash.

"I admit I brought you here due to my selfishness, but you are my mate. I need you. I finally found you after all these years of searching for you. I can't let you go. Not now, not ever!" His eyes blazed during his declaration. So much so that she had to look away. She ignored the tingles shooting up her arms from where his hands grasped hers. He had been so passionate she couldn't bring herself to pull away just yet. That compassion did nothing to dampen the righteous fire blazing in her own gaze.

"You didn't even stop to ask! You just took me. I had just been freed from that place, only to have my freedom stolen again in the blink of any eye! I know what you are, what this place must be. You could have asked me what I wanted after you tackled me. But you didn't. You took me back here, expecting me to love you?! I'm not a werewolf! I can't love a man I don't know." She gently removed his hold on her, exiting the room. Just before she was out of ear shot, the alpha called out to her.

"Taito! That's my name." Ana was angry, but she couldn't help the small smile playing on her lips, even as she ruefully shook her head. She made sure she was alone before testing out his name.

"Taito, huh?"