Chapter 3

Matt pictured above.

Ana awoke with her head pounding and dizziness clouding her eyes. The room she found herself in was more of a cell than a room. The dirt beneath her feet slipped between her toes. The bars seemed to be slightly rusted, but not enough to aid in any escape attempts. She twisted her head behind her as far as it would go and saw concrete walls. Looking up gave her a view of another concrete structure, so it seemed safe to assume she was underground. Now that she had regained consciousness, she became aware of the strain her arms. They were chained above her head, handcuffed together with the handcuffs linked to a chain hanging from the ceiling. Her feet were free, but that neither helped nor hindered her current situation. From what she could tell she had been placed in the middle of the cell, so she couldn't use anything to lean against or stand on to help soothe her screaming muscles. Ana sighed and experimentally pulled on her arms. She almost fell over in surprise when her arms came down to rest in front of her, the chain extending to accommodate this new position. I wonder... Ana took a few experimental steps, the chain again extending to compensate. She found she could walk all the way to the wall, but the chain stopped right before she got close enough to the bars to touch them. She sighed and walked back towards the wall, leaning against it and letting her arms dangle listlessly in front of her body. Footsteps soon alerted her to the fact she wasn't as alone as she had initially believed. Steeling herself by taking a few deep breaths, she looked towards the bars, the elongating shadow dancing across the floor her only indication that someone was slowly approaching. Just as she felt the anticipation would kill her, her downcast gaze caught steel toed combat boots stop in front of her cell.

"Ah you're awake. Good deal. This will make this go by much faster." Ana looked up as the deep voice reverberated around the room. She was met with the sight of a man standing proudly at six feet, with jet black hair jelled back and to the side. His clothes were impeccable on his toned body, relaxed muscles flexing as he clasped his hands behind his back. He was wearing a pressed white collared shirt over distressed jeans, which laid over his black combat boots. He was handsome, but she went for the tall, dark, and brooding with a tragic past. This man just had a slightly crazed gleam in his eye, so she definitely wasn't interested. She had been so busy checking out the man who spoken, she didn't even notice the second man standing imposingly, half covered in shadow. Ana didn't have time to notice anything other than his striking green eyes before the first man unlocked the cell door, walking in and grasping her chin delicately, turning it this way and that.

"Hey! What gives?!" The man only chuckled, before moving on to her arms, poking and prodding like she was some kind of animal on display. He grinned once he was done, seemingly satisfied.

"Yes, you'll do nicely my dear. Tony, go and get my things from the back room, would you? I would like to start immediately." The man hidden in shadow nodded once before slipping away, returning shortly with a rolling tray and multiple medical tools. Ana eyed them warily as Tony put on gloves. "You, my dear, can call me Calvin. We'll be getting to know each other very well." He smirked devilishly before pressing a button on the tray, pulling the chain back in so her arms once again were above her head. Ana stubbornly looked to the side, refusing to say a word. Calvin grinned wider, the crazed look in his eyes turning wild. "Oh yes, I'll be having fun with this one. Tony, let's begin."