Second Chance

There was a blindingly bright light and a flash of white that appeared the very second Vaati stepped foot into the portal. Eyes still closed out of fear of what he would see if he opened them, he experienced a feeling of nausea as he was finally warped out of the four sword and made it back into the real world.

When the gross, sick feeling had passed and he was certain that his feet were firmly planted on the ground, Vaati tentatively opened his eyes. Sure enough he was no longer contained inside the dreadful sword but was now back in Hyrule, standing in some lush, grassy green fields. In the distance, Vaati could make out the beautiful Hyrule castle looming over the surrounding town. It was quite the wondrous sight, and it was the most glorious thing Vaati had seen in a long time. He had forgotten how pretty it all looked, and how much he had missed it.

Looking around himself to make sure that there was nobody else near him, Vaati walked towards the castle at a slow pace. He was savoring the feeling of the light breeze blowing at his cape and the lavender bangs covering half his face, as he had dreadfully missed the calming sensation of the wind blowing around him when he was in the sword. Not the slightest breeze had ever blown through the sword, and the air in there was as still and lifeless as the sword was empty and white.

Yet out in the open air once again, Vaati felt completely sure of himself and free. Where he was one with the wind, he felt as though he truly belonged. Not only did it make him feel completley happy, but it also provided him with the strength to use his powerful elemental wind based spells.

His spells! His magic! He would be able to use them now that he was free and out of that goddess blessed sword! Smiling to himself, Vaati pulled up his sleeves and readied himself to preform his favorite wind magic. He was excited to be able to use it again after not having been able to do so for however long he had been in the sword, and to him it seemed as though he had been in there for an eternity.

At his command, a lovely cyclone of air flew towards him with such strength that it almost swept him off his feet. His magic worked, and it was the best feeling in the whole world to him at that moment. Sending huge gusts of wind in every direction and summoning hurricane after hurricane, Vaati had never felt more alive. After a few more minutes of playing with his favorite elemental spells Vaati lowered his hands, laughing with delight and feeling completely rejuvenated. He was now ready to go.

Again he continued his walk towards the castle, when he abruptly stopped himself. He couldn't go there, he was a hated criminal who was thought to have been sealed away! Waltzing inside the palace walls was probably the very last thing he should be doing, as it would just get him killed on the spot or captured and held in prison. He inwardly scoffed at the mere thought of being kept up in some plain jail cell. No one would dare hold me up in a simple prison he thought, offended at the very idea. Heh, I'd like to see them try.

But where should he go? The goddesses had said that upon entering the real world again, they would speak to him right away and tell him what his first task was. Until they came to speak with him, there was nothing for Vaati to do but wait for further instruction while trying to stay out of the sight of any townsfolk and not gain any unwanted attention. He was thankful that he had been warped into one of Hyrule's seemingly abandoned fields and not right in the center of the castle town. If that had happened he would have been spotted already for absolute certain.

Impatient and wanting to get a move on, Vaati stood arrogantly tapping his foot in the middle of the field. Since there was nothing for him to do but wait, he may as well show the goddesses just how displeased he was to be kept waiting. He huffed with annoyance. They were probably stalling on purpose just to teach him a lesson in patience. As if he needed them and their stupid lessons on self control...