Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Maui's POV

Time Skip... A Few Days Later...

   Moana and I are currently pulling into my island. I was only just here a couple months ago. It doesn't look like too much as changed so far, though it does appear that a few storms have passed through the area, leaving behind a bit of a mess. It's mainly just a few broken tree limbs, some leaves, a few broken coconuts, etc. I clean it all up within an hour or so. Moana looks at my island in awe. "Maui, this whole island is yours?" I blush sheepishly. "It is believe it or not. I guess the Gods thought I was special enough to be on my own island. I like the mortals, but I wouldn't want to be surrounded by them every second." Moana playfully pouts. "What about me?" I cup her face gently and peck her on the lips. "You, my love, are the exception." She giggles and hugs me. I gently hug her back before tying up the boat securely. 

   I lead Moana around the island, giving her a grand tour of it. It's not much to look at from afar, but up close, it is beautiful in it's own way. Not as beautiful as Moana of course. My favorite part about it which I make sure to show her is the waterfall where I go to do a lot of my thinking. Moana's face as been one of awe from the moment we neared the island to now. "Maui, I really am impressed by your island. It really means a lot to me that you're allowing me to stay here with you, even just for a little while." A small smile finds it's way onto my lips. "You're very welcome princess. I have a bit of cleanup to do from some recent storms. Feel free to explore further. I'll be down at the shore and by my cave cleaning up if you need me." "Can I help you Maui?" I smile. "Absolutely. It's always nice to have an extra set of hands." She smiles and I extend an arm out for her to take. 

    She leans her head onto it and we head down to the shore to clean first before working our way over by my cave, I mean our cave technically. I'm going to have to get used to saying that. I know we're not married, but we are a couple now, which means we will be sharing certain things, including a living space. 

Forty five minutes later...

   The island is all cleaned up thanks to Moana's help. "Thank you for your help princess." She smiles. "You're welcome Maui. Anyways, now you should probably show me your cave and help me get settled. I need to figure out where to put my few belongings." I notice her going through her back and see what appears to be a cell phone. I only know this because Moana yammered on to me about it the other day. In her realm, it's quite useful but in mine, it's a hunk of junk. She stares at it long hard before chucking it into the ocean. The ocean gurgles it down like a good banana. I chuckle. "Well Mo, that was quite something. Are you sure you don't need that?" Moana raises an eyebrow. "Mo?" I blush a little bit. "S-Sorry. It slipped out... but I like the way it sounds. I think it's a good nickname for you." She nods in agreement. "I was just surprised by it is all but I like it. As for my phone, I'm absolutely sure that I don't need it." 

   In a peaceful silence, I lead Moana into the cave, which is quite roomy despite it being a cave. I've covered the walls head to toe in carvings, put up some tapestries, a few rugs, and a couple of futons made from straw. That's the closest thing we have to beds in Moana's realm that we use as beds on the islands. Now I know what you're thinking, Maui, you're freaking huge. How do you sleep on a futon? The answer is simple. You go to one of the nearby islands, brag a bit about how great you are, and the villagers will custom make one for you to suit your larger size and awesomeness. "You can take the futon on the left if that's okay because the one on the right is mine. It's custom made for a man of my size. I'm not exactly as small as you are." Moana giggles. "I bet this is the one time you wish you were as small as I am." I playfully glare at her. "I suppose so." 

    Moana unpacks some clothes, a couple of pictures, a few books, and some other small trinkets, organizing them carefully. When she's done, she looks to me for a seal of approval. I decide to be a big goof and whistle at her. She playfully rolls her eyes and bows. "Thank you. All I ever want in life is praise from Maui, demigod of the wind and sea, hero to all, the man with the world's biggest ego." I pretend to be offended by that. "The man with the world's biggest ego? Why Moana, I am just offended by that." I put a hand over my heart and pout." She bursts into the most adorable fit of giggles. "Aw Maui, you know I love you, despite your big ego." I smile lovingly down at her. "Aw how sweet. And I love yo too Moana, despite you being a pain in the butt sometimes." She playfully gasps and mocks my actions from just a moment ago. Before she can mock me further, I pull her body towards me and steal a kiss from her. 

   As we pull apart from our kiss, both of us are speechless and trying to catch our breath. "That was sly Maui, but I'm really happy you did that." I smirk. "Me too princess. Want to go again?" She nods her head eagerly and we start round two, though things get more heated this time around. 

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! In case I don't update tomorrow, I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! :) -Mary