Pee

I avoid my ex-girlfriend and former friend for days. I ignore their texts, move my seats around, and rarely sleep.

That may be one of the withdrawal symptoms, or it may not be. Who cares?

The bags under my eyes are covered in foundation. I repeatedly get headaches that prevent me from going to classes. I'm constantly snapping at everybody for little things. My muscles ache constantly. I struggle to keep food down.

But hey, that's just the price for giving myself over to drugs.

"Excuse me, are you Julien King?"

I look down at the short freshman in front of me.

"Who's asking?"

"I was just told to give you a message."

I stand for a moment, losing patience quickly.

"Well? What's the message?"

He jumps at the tone of my voice. Sorry kid, withdrawal is making me irritable. Suck it up.

"I was told to tell you to drop the whole thing or pay the price."

It's a bone chilling threat. My mind starts racing from anger. I grab the kid by his shoulders, shaking him slightly.

"Tell me who sent that message."

"I don't know!"

I shake him a little harder, letting out all my pent-up anger.

"Tell me!"

"I don't know!"

Out of the corner of my eyes I see a dark spot forming on his pants. The little piece of crap peed himself.

I let him go, disgusted. He clearly doesn't know anything else and all I did was terrify him.

And I already know who sent it anyway.

At least, I have it narrowed down to two people.

Roxy or Calvin.

My money is on Calvin.