Clean

"Wait, you were what?!"

"I think I was sexually assaulted by my friends."

"What makes you think that?"

"They drugged me while I was at a party. Next thing I know, I wake up in a bed with them, all of us naked. Not to mention the fact that I'm still sore down there."

She stands up, pacing.

Sapphire went out to get some dinner not long ago. Turns out, this is her dorm room and Emerson has a small apartment right down the road.

Antonio went to his dorm with one of his buddies.

So right now, it's just her and me in the room.

"Did you report it to the police?"

"No. You're the first person I've told. I mean, besides when I screamed at the assailants after I woke up naked."

"First thing we need to do is report it to the police."

"It happened days ago, Emerson."

"Still! We need to report it!"

"I need to forget about it."

My hands start to shake. I need another pill but I can't take it in front of Emerson. She'll rat me out.

"Go ahead. Take whatever drug you need, Julien."

Her tone is bitter but how does she know?

"What do you mean?"

"I've seen drug addicts. You're trembling, you need another fix. Go ahead. I can't stop you."

I take the bottle out of my bag, ashamed. The disappointed look on Emerson's face is what sends me over the edge.

I stand up, grabbing her hand and setting the bottle in it. I curl her fingers around the bottle, sitting down.

"If you want me to report it, I'm going to have to get clean."

}s-4aTLy}}}