The beast stood still upon hearing my shout before they slowly set down the tray they were holding onto the table in front of the, now lit, fireplace. They stand tall before calmly walking towards me, naturally causing me to back up as I cling tightly to the towel around me. Just as I was about to lock myself in the bathroom, the goat-man stops a couple feet away from me before taking a letter out of their breast pocket. I didn't know how to react when the paper was held out to me and the demon bowed at a perfect, ninety degree angle.

"Uhh..." It took me a moment to gather the courage to pluck it from it's clawed fingers and open the letter slowly. They did not move, so I thought it safe to read the message.

      'If you're reading this, then you have met my familiar and head butler, Ramsey. I hope he didn't frighten you. He's just here to bring you dinner. It appears I'll be out longer than expected. I'm sorry. I'll try to be back before you go to bed. Don't wait up for me if you're sleepy. I know you've had a long day. I hope you're adjusting well to the room. I'll see you soon, Y/N.

Mephistopheles '

The letter put me at ease. I was worried for a minute there. Ramsey stands straight once again after I lower the paper and views my tender smile.

"It's nice to meet you, Ramsey." The familiar gives a curt nod before returning to his duties. I watch as he lifts the lid off the tray he brought in to reveal a freshly-cooked steak with a side of mashed potatoes and sliced, steamed carrots. My mouth watered at that scent as my stomach growled. I didn't even realize I was hungry until I saw the food. I walk towards the table, so entranced by the meal that I hardly noticed the servant holding out clothes to me. I wasn't sure where he grabbed them from, but I'm not going to question anything in a realm where there are demons and ram people.

I thank him while taking them, and he nods before spinning around to put his back to me. I assume this is his way of telling me to get dressed, but there's no way I'm changing with him in the room with me, so I retreat to the bathroom. I wasn't sure about wearing the long-sleeved pajamas with the warm temperature of the room, but having no other option, I throw them on. To my surprise, the blue silk is actually quite nice, and I really like the floral pattern on them.

 Still, I fold up the sleeves to my elbow to reduce heat before leaving the bathroom and walking up to Ramsey, who's back is still turned to me

Still, I fold up the sleeves to my elbow to reduce heat before leaving the bathroom and walking up to Ramsey, who's back is still turned to me. To gain his attention, I tap lightly on his shoulder only to receive a soul-piercing look from him. I immediately step back and hold up my hands with a look of apology, realizing he wasn't fond of being touched. He says nothing as he pulls out a chair for me and gestures to sit. I quietly obey and am pushed in.

He, then, walks over to a cart that I had not noticed before and grabs a napkin and a bottle of wine. After setting the alcohol on the table, he has me lean back to place the cloth napkin on my lap before pouring the red wine into the wide wine glass displayed on the tray. Once done, the butler gives me an expectant look, but I don't have a clue of what he wants. Catching onto my confusion, he sends a glance towards the door, and then, it clicked.