Salt And Pepper Hair

Tobias's POV
      I wake up before Tris this morning. Her back is turned towards me, her blond hair in her face. I kiss her shoulder, making her turn, cuddling into my chest. I manage slip out and go to the bathroom.
     The front door opens, making me go into fighting mode. Zeke puts his hands up in surrender. I lower my fist and release a deep breath. "Why are you here? I was looking for Tris," he says.
    "I slept here last night. Why do you need her?"
    "Cause I need to know what Shauna told her. Did you guys do anything?" He says. I let him and softly close the door behind us.
    "We didn't do anything. Are you worried about Shauna?"
    He closes the door. "Sure you didn't. And cause she said it was too late when I said that I was sorry and she had a plan." "We really didn't you dumbass. And she's still sleeping. Come back in a little bit." "Okay. And just a tip. Slow and steady wins the race." I slap the back of his head and push him out. Tris comes out the room. "Sorry I woke you." She shakes her head let's me pull her closer.
     "You didn't. What did he want?"
    "Shauna. You want coffee?" She pulls my mouth down fo hers first before nodding. "Sure." KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS TOBIAS!
     She walks into the kitchen and turns the coffee pot on since I'm still fazed. "You okay?" She asks. I nod. I have no idea what's getting into me. I walk up and lean against the counter.
    "How's your knee feel?"
    "Better than it did," she answers. "Thank you for helping last night. I understand if it was awk-"
    "Its fine. Wasn't awkward at all, its not something I haven't seen before." She gives a forces smile. Maybe that last part was the wrong thing to say. She winces at something. I raise a brow at her.
    "It still hurts a little." I get out mugs that I can tell were Christina's idea to get. "Is it normal for me to be nervous about seeing my parents again? Or parent. I don't think my dad will come."
    "I think so. Why wouldn't your dad come?"
    "Cause he's not very happy about my choice. He didn't come last time." I kiss her temple.
    "If he doesn't, he's missing out."
    ×××××××
     "TRIS!" Zeke yells when we get to the Pit. He runs over, almost talking multiple times. "What did Shauna tell you last night?"
    "I don't think she would want me telling you," she says, her voice soft. He groans.
    "Please. I know she told you what happened and I'm sorry. But I really need to know," he says, his hands positioned Luke he's about to pray.
   "She said she was going to get an abortion that's all," she says. I can tell she didn't want to say anything cause it's not her place. Zeke pulls at his hair, groaning loudly. He looks at me.
    "Lift lesson here friend, if you ever get her pregnant, not be a dick," he says and runs off. What he just said made both Tris and I very tense. She tenses as she sees something in the distance.
    "We should go," she says, taking my hand and trying to walk away. I stay firmly in place. "Tobias-"
    "Why are you so worried about seeing your pa-" And that's when I see it. Marcus. My jaw clenches and my hand tightens around hers.
    "You can go," she says. I want to stay and meet her parents in the correct way, but I also don't want to lose my temple in front of Tris. I kiss her forehead and walk away.
    ×××××××
                   Tris's POV
     I've always been a level headed, nice person, but all that is gone when I see Marcus. My blood has never ran colder towards someone, not even Peter. My parents and Marcus stop in front of me. I look at my dad in shock.
    "I didn't think you'd come," I say.
    "It was only appropriate. You look...different," he says. I release a deep breath. I want to hug him, but knowing him he won't want that. My mom nearly makes it hard for me to breath when she does.
    "What was your rank?" She asks.
    "I got first," I say. She gasps happily. "No offence, but what are you doing here?" For saying no offence that came out harsh.
    "I came here to try and see someone. I thought I did a few minutes ago, but I guess I'm wrong," he says. I glare. Someone touches my back, making me jump. Looking to my side, Tobias stands there looking nervous but strong as always. "To-"
    "Its Four," he interrupts and offers his hand to my parents. "I think we met at the last visiting day," he says to my mom.
    "We did. You guys friends?" She says. I look at him nervously while him and my father eye each other. I can tell he's trying not to be aware of his father's presence. I place my hand where the Amity symbol is on his back. He takes a deep breath.
    "Boyfriend actually," he says. Marcus covers up a laugh with a cough. "Have something to say?"
    "When did this start?" My mom says, obviously sensing the tension.
   "End of the second stage of initiation," I answer. Marcus tilts his head to the side, a sly smirk in his face.
     "I'm not an instructor, but I think that's against regulations," he says. "Unless she was sleeping with you for good ran-"
    "Excuse me? I never slept with him," I snap. Zeke runs up and grabs onto me, almost making me fall. This is one hell of a visiting day. Tobias grabs my hand to keep me from falling.
   "I got one angry pregnant girl chasing me and her mom!" He says, looking around frantically. "All the we colors are tripping me the fuck out!" He uses me as a shield when Shauna runs up.
   "Get out from behind her you little impregnating son of a bitch!" She yells at him. She lunges at him, or more so me, but Tobias grabs her by the waist, picking her up off the ground.
    "I'll be back," he says, carrying her away. Zeke let's me go.
   "These just be your parents and who ever the hell you are salt and pepper hair," he says, offering his hand. "I'm Zeke."
    "Hannah's kid?" My mom asks. He nods. "She's my cousin." Zeke and I lock eyes.
    "Well look at that, Trissy is my wittle cousin." I give a sarcastic smile. Shauna walks back out with Tobias behind her. She sees a lot more calm now.
    "Are you safe to be around?" He asks her. She nods and they walk away, a good distance away from each other. Tobias places his hand on my back.
   "Its getting late. We still have tomorrow," My dad says. He shakes Tobias's hand hesitantly and my mom hugs me tightly.
    "I love you," she says.
     "I love you too, Momma."
   ×××××××
            I lay down in Tobias's bed, laying far from his side. He lays down and looks over at me. "Why are you so far?" He asks. I swallow thickly.
    "Sorry," I say, moving closer and resting my head of his clothed chest. Since last night, I haven't felt the same. And by that I mean I want him, but I'm too scared.
    "Your tense. Did I do something wrong today? I'm sorry about what my father said and we both know that's not the truth at all," he says. I study his eyes as he talks.
    "Its not that at all," I say. He leans in a presses his lips to mine softly. I place my hand in his cheek, feeling the stubble that makes him look older than his actual age. I lay back and let him get above me.
     My hands run through his hair. My eyes close as I try to relax. His hands slither up under my shirt and touch my bare waist. I sit up and slowly remove my shirt, making sure to not make eye contact with him. I rest my hand on his now care chest. He must have removed his shirt when I was.
    I lay back down, drawing him with me. His cold hands run up my legs and rest back at their starring position. My hands shake violently and he mumbles something into my neck, making me shiver with anticipation. I place my hands at the waistband of his black, faded jeans.
     "Holy-YOU SAID YOU TWO HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING!" Uriah yells from the door frame. I could have sworn I locked the door.
    "How did you get in?" He jiggles the keys in his hands. Tobias reaches down, still on top of me, and grabs my shirt. He sits up, taking me out of Uriah's view as I put it on.
     "Why are you here?" Tobias asks him. I can't stop my eyes from trailing down.
      "Cause Tori is chasing me."

AN: Sorry for the update delay. But you guys should really go check out my new Divergent holiday story, Under The Mistletoe! If you haven't read my other one A Very Merry Christmas, I suggest you read that before you do U.T.M.. Please comment and share! Be brave 🔪🔪🔪 -Vaeh