"What?" I whispered, looking at the teacher to see if she had noticed us talking... she didn't.

"Drake can be your Romeo," she winked, giggling to herself at her lame joke.

"Ha-ha you're hilarious," I deadpanned.

Then the rest of the lesson was spent with me thinking of Drake as my Romeo.

My goodness, I was seriously starting to let him take over my mind. I shouldn't let anyone consume my thoughts to this extent, I didn't want to form an attachment this close. If I lose control, then the ice I've been freezing around my soul will melt, allowing everyone to see my insecurities and darkness. That scared me.

Once we got dismissed from class, Jessie went the other way to get her belongings from the locker and we decided to meet in the canteen for lunch in a few minutes. I walked with my books in hand down the hallway and towards my locker. When I reached it, I stopped dead in my tracks with a definite surprised look.

Drake was leaning against my locker in dark washed out jeans and his trademark black tight shirt that showed off his broad shoulders and his muscular body. It caught me off guard and boy did he look hot.

He was looking down at his phone; his eyebrows were furrowed, as he seemed to be playing some game. I stifled a giggle at the concentrated look formed on his face and briefly wondered how long he had been waiting.

I walked up to him but I don't think he realised I was there so I gave a light cough which finally caught his attention as he startled. I smirked at his reaction when he looked at me in surprise. But then gave one of those heart stopping smiles and I once again forgot how to breathe. The smile naturally returned from me.

"Hi there," he grinned.

"Hi yourself," I smiled shyly as I realised he was waiting for me at my locker.

"Want to have lunch?" he asked looking down at me. I guess he didn't beat around the bush. I've always wanted someone confident anyway not that I'm saying I want him to be that someone or anything.

"Yeah sure," I answered, putting my books in my locker as he moved for me to do so. I'm sure Jessie wouldn't mind, I was pretty confident she would even encourage me and probably slap me if I didn't. 

Starting to make my way towards the canteen, I stumbled slightly in my tracks as he placed his hand into mine. I looked up at him but he simply looked straight ahead, the little dimple on his cheek appearing which meant he was smiling.

My eyes widened further as he tugged on my hand, leading me towards the canteen as if it was the most natural thing known to man. Which it definitely felt like as our hands fitted perfectly.

"I experienced a weird thing these past three nights Rosie," Drake started, as we walked into the canteen, ignoring the looks we were getting as they stared at our intertwined hands. It was pretty clear Drake didn't care as he talked to me as if nothing out of the ordinary was happening.

"And what was that Drake?" I asked curiously as we waited in the lunch queue. I chose my standard tuna salad sandwich and he picked an apple.

"It was the strangest feeling, I actually...missed you," he smirked, looking into my grey eyes as they widened in surprise at his confession. My stomach felt like it had quite literally flipped.

"That is most definitely bizarre Drake," I smirked back, paying for my food even though Drake offered to but I refused to accept it. Then I smiled, watching his green eyes flash in surprise as I confessed, "Because I actually... missed you too."

He nudged his shoulder against mine playfully, his dimple now on full show. I noticed the way the student population had comically shell-shocked expressions and I was slightly happy they got to see how handsome he looks with that expression.