11. Dresses

-Sam's PoV-

Somehow, Ashton and I had managed not to make this morning awkward at all. I was scared after what had happened last night that we would be awkward and weird around each other. Anyway, I was dreading today since I had to apparently try on dresses. Not to mention ORANGE dresses. Anne Marie likes the color orange way too much. Plus, I swear the woman hates me. I'm only doing it for my dad.

Harry and Lauren have a daytime summer camp that the go to, and my dad already found a job, so I was currently at home alone. I had somehow managed to find my way around the entire house and figured out where every room was. Anne Marie was supposed to come get me when her work shift was done, so all I had to do was wait. Wait for torture to begin. Wait for everything I despise to be shoved in my face. So I'm sitting on a bar stool waiting for the epitome of my death to happen. And I'm supposed to be happy about it? Yes. Let's just throw on a smile and pretend the world is one happy bubble of fun and enjoyment. Well, you can kiss my ass. I'm sure as hell not going to do that.

I sat there for about ten more minutes before I decided to text Jane.

To Jane: Hey it's Sam!

I didn't have to wait very long before I got a text back.

To Sam: Hey Sam! What's up in the Irwin household?

To Jane: Nothing really. I'm waiting for Anne Marie to pick me up to go to hell

To Sam: So I take it that ur going dress shopping?

Seriously, this girl was just like me. I reference hell and she knows exactly what I'm talking about.

To Jane: Yep ;) Glad I'm not the only one who hates it.

To Sam: Don't worry. I'm planning on not wearing a dress to prom! 

To Jane: I seriously need to meet up with you every day! Ur exactly like me!

To Sam: I know! We r so hanging out over break!

I heard the front door open, signaling that Anne Marie was home.

To Jane: Anne Marie is here. Ttyl!

To Sam: Kk! Bye xx

I jumped off the bar stool and walked into the hallway.

"Hey," I called, as I saw Anne Marie next to the stairs holding what I assumed to be her wedding dress.

"Hey. Give me just one moment and then we'll be off," she said, making her way to her bedroom.

"Ok."

I didn't take that long for her to put up the dress and we arrived at the shop in less than ten minutes. We walked into the store and I was greeted by the foul stench that always seems to appear in every clothing store. Let me just go ahead and list a few reasons why I hate shopping.

1. You have to try on every single fucking piece of clothing that you consider buying.

2. You never seem to be able to fit any of the clothes that you want to buy or it doesn't fit right.

3. Every employee in the store wants to sell you every piece of clothing that you see and they don't seem to realize that if I don't buy something, it is because the store doesn't have what I want.

4. You always end up going to twenty different store looking for one simple thing.

5. No store ever has simple band t-shirts.

6. Every store has that certain smell that makes me want to gag.

And the list goes on, but I figure that you probably don't want to hear me rant about shopping. My life is pretty easy. Band t-shirt, skinny jeans, converse. No dresses, no heels, no makeup. I'll put on a tiny bit of mascarra sometimes, but that's as far as it goes. But, over all, it's easy right? But somehow someone finds a way to make everything ten times more complicated than it needs to be. I really don't mind wearing dresses on certain occasions, but I really didn't want an orange dress. So here I am, in a store filled with dresses. You can probably imagine my face right now. I am literally trying not to gag. 

Anne Marie was talking to the lady at the cash register because she apparently already picked out a few for me to try on. I can't really tell if she wants me to look ugly or not. I still get this vibe that she doesn't like me, but I think she is tolerating me better. Not really sure, so I guess we'll see.

"Ok sweetheart! Follow me and we'll let you try on a few dresses," said the lady. 

I followed her to the back of the store where some of the dresses were hanging. She shoved a couple at me and walked me to the changing room.

I'm going to spare you the torture of listening to me complain about every single dress I tried on, so let's just say that they all didn't fit right. Anne Marie was losing her patience with me, and the woman that worked here was running out of dresses. It wasn't that the dresses were entirely bad, but I really don't have the boobs for most of the dresses.

"Sam, what type of dress are you looking for?" asked Anne Marie. She actually called me Sam! I guess she doesn't entirely hate me!

"I don't know. None of the dresses fit me right," I said. 

She sighed and looked around the room. She slowly got up and walked to one of the racks. She pulled out a dress and handed it to me.

"Try this one," she said. 

I looked it up and down before I slowly gave in to trying it on. I walked back into the dressing room and slipped on the dress. I turned around to look at myself in the mirror. I slowly walked out of the dressing room and Anne Marie started smiling.

"Well?" she asked.

"I think this one works," I said. 

"Ok. Let's get it," she said.

I really didn't want to say that I liked it, so I didn't. But between you and me, I actually thought I looked good in it. I still would prefer a different color, but it would work.

We paid for the dress and Anne Marie dropped me back off at home, saying that she had to go to work. We had literally been in that store for three hours. 

I said goodbye to Anne Marie and walked up the stair to my room. I really wanted to try the dress on again, so I did. I slipped on the dress again and zipped it up. I took a step back and looked at myself in the mirror. I have to say, Anne Marie knew how to pick out a dress.

"Wow," said a voice behind me, making me jump. 

I turned to see Ashton and the boys looking at me. All four boys were looking at me very intensely, their mouths agape.

"Wow indeed," said Calum.

"Damn Ash. You have got one hot stepsister," said Michael.

"Yeah. I really do," breathed Ashton.

I mentally noted that Luke looked over at me and then smirked at Ashton.