2. My Life Sucks

-Sam's PoV-

Hey guys. I'm Sam. My real name is Samantha May Page. I cannot stand my name. Samantha. Too long. So, everyone calls me Sam. Ok, my legal name now is actually Samantha May Garrett. I'm adopted.

My mom was 17 when she had me. My dad wanted nothing to do with me when he found out about my mom being pregnant. So guess what? She was on her own. Now guess what? My mom didn't want me either. So, right after birth, BAM! I'm at an orphanage. I stayed there going to a private school in London. So, no one really wanted me because they assumed that I would turn out bad because of my parents. Hell, I didn't even meet them. Oh well. I was mainly there to help the people out at the orphanage and helped others get adopted. So, most people that came through looking for a kid, I would point out a few and act as if I helped out there.

One day, a guy from the US wanted to adopt me. His wife and kid had died in a car crash a year before he adopted me. His name is John Garrett. He is now 42 while i'm 17. He is on business in another state right now, so it was just me at home by myself.

Seven years have passed since I have moved to America. My besties are Kate and Grace. I am a dark brunette with brown/hazel eyes. I'm about 5'5. Kate and Grace are in the same year as me. We somehow have managed to end up with almost all our classes together. My life is pretty awesome so far.

It was the last day of school and I couldn't wait to get out. Katherine and Grace were both so excited. As was I. I mean, whose not excited on the last day of school? Then, that heavenly noise came. School was out. We all ran to my car and blared the music before I drove us all back to my house. When we got there, we ran straight to my room.

"PARTY TIME!!!!!!" yelled Grace. Grace loved parties and lets just say she likes to drink every other week and turn on boys.

Normally I don't wear dresses, but come one. A party is a party and we have to have some fun. We all got into our party dresses. We all liked tight fit and short with pumps. Typical party attire. We walked out to my car. We were going to do it full out because we deserved a small break.

We turned up the radio as loud as we could. We were singing whether we knew the song or not. We probably looked drunk even though we haven't even started drinking. Tonight was going to be the night of my life.

When we got there, we went straight to the kitchen. There were people everywhere. Most were starting to get tipsy. We took our cups and walked to the dance floor. We grinded on people, and danced like idiots. I was having the best night of my life.

Time flies when you're having fun. Next thing I know, police are coming through the doors. Apparently it was about 4 in the morning. I was upset, but everyone walked to their cars and got in. Kate and Grace found their way to my car and I drove. I honestly don't know how I managed to drive them home as well as myself without crashing.

When I got home, my head started hurting. I hit the bed and went straight to sleep. My life was awesome!

---------

I woke up to a massive headache. I guess this is what happens when you drink too much. I walked down stairs and got some Tylenol. As I walked back to my room, I noticed my dad's suitcase on the floor. That means... I ran to his room.

"DADDY!" I yelled jumping on him.

"Hey baby girl! I guess you had your first hangover last night?" he said sarcastically. He knew I would do this. But hey, no one could blame me. I just wanted to have fun one night.

"Yea. It's not fun" I laughed. We walked out of his room and into the kitchen. I made breakfast for him and we just talked for a while.  

When I was putting away the dishes, he said "Sam, there's something i need to tell you." Oh boy. This can't be good. I turned around to look at him.

"We're moving to Australia to live with my girlfriend." He said. He looked straight at me. I was scared. It took me a while to process what he had said.

"I'm sorry. What?" I had to ask again to make sure.

"We're moving to Australia to live with my girlfriend. I met her when I was over there for business and we hooked up." He said. It was clear that he liked this woman. I could read him like an open book.

"Ok." I said quietly. That was all I could say before walking out of the room.

I managed to get to my room before I broke down in tears. I knew he loved this lady. I could see it in his eyes when he was talking about her. He loved her. I didn't want to get in the way. He deserved a second chance at love. I cried for a while. I was going to the opposite side of the world, without my friends. I would have no one. I have to spend my last year of highschool without any of my friends.  What do I do? I texted Kat and Grace telling them that I needed to talk to them. I kept crying. I eventually made my way to my bed and cried myself to sleep. My life officially sucks.