06 | bonding

{ Things to look out for }

(y/n) - Your name

Ricky Accardo

After Ricky told you that he is going to teach you how to properly kick a ball, the both of you agreed to go to his house.

You had asked him why must it be at his house, and his only reply is 'So you can have your privacy and not embarrass yourself in public again.' which made you chase him all the way to his house with a stick in your hand.

Once the both of you arrived at his house, your jaw dropped at how spacious his backyard is.

"You are a one lucky brat to have a backyard this wide.", you said in wonder as your eyes scan the field-like backyard.

"What can I say, I am—hey! Why are you even calling me a brat for?", he asked with a frown, making you roll your eyes at him.

"Because you are one, for having a backyard this wide. Even a dog would be happy to live here.", you said and he looked slightly offended by that

"Are you saying I'm a dog?"

"What? No! Could you please stop misinterpret what I said and just focus on teaching me how to play soccer instead?", you asked in annoyance. He raised an eyebrow at what you just said and you looked at him in confusion, wondering what's his problem.

As if reading your mind, he asked, "You want to learn soccer? Not just how to kick a ball?", while emphasizing the word 'kick'.

You don't know how but you just survived from beating up the guy. Maybe because he's going to be your personal coach, or else no one else would want to teach you. Actually, you have friends who could teach you but you're just too embarrassed to ask them. Ricky is different since you could just hit him if he laughs at you.

Your right eye twitch in annoyance as you stared at him and he stared right back.

"How long are we gonna keep this up before I loose my $#*! and kick you instead of the ball. I will probably win a goal if I did that.", you said with a smile on your face causing a shiver to run down his spine.

"Right . . . Well, now let's start!", he finally said and you followed him to where you are going to practice.

A goalpost was already there, but the problem would be the house behind it. You have a bad feeling about this but you decided to just ignore it.

Ricky thought that it is better to demonstrate first before letting you have the ball to yourself. He taught you how to position your foot before kicking to prevent yourself or someone getting hurt.

After all that teaching, no one would have thought or even prepared about what happened next.

When he's done demonstrating the basics, you are ready to try it yourself and see how far you've learned.

"Are you ready?", he said while you tighten the white piece of cloth that you tied around your head earlier.

"I am!", you reply in confidence.

You look between the ball in front of you and the goalpost a few feet away. You get yourself ready in a comfortable position and then gave a nod towards Ricky.