XV. Awkward

(song: all over by cruisr)

Harry's POV

It's weird how lately, every time I'm with Paris, I grow more and more impatient and annoyed at the time spent with her when I could be doing something else. Anything else. Sometimes I think I'd rather sit in my room and watch dust collect instead of hang out with Paris. But I always shake those thoughts out of my head, Paris is my girlfriend, I can't think like that.

The moment I stepped into her house I decided to make myself at home and lay down on the couch in the living room. As I kicked my feet up and got comfortable, Paris glared at me for a moment, but then saw the perfect opportunity to cuddle with me. I hesitantly wrapped my arms around her back, she nuzzled her head further into my neck, the scent of her fruity perfume nearly choking me.

"What do you wanna do today?" She asked and looked up at me.

"I dunno," I mumbled. I really felt like falling asleep, but Paris hates taking naps. Why take a nap when you could do something productive? She always says that, but her definition of being "productive" is shopping, putting on makeup, getting her nails done, or gossiping. So the quote isn't as meaningful as it should be in her context.

"Let's talk, I wanna talk to you," she whined into my ear.

"Okay, what do you wanna talk about?"

"Let's talk about me!"

Um?

"Okay..."

"So yesterday I was getting my nails done," Paris starts and I already start to zone out. Does she really think I care about this stuff? Does she think anyone cares about her getting her nails painted? I wonder if Ren paints her nails. I've never really noticed. She doesn't seem like she would care enough to, but maybe she does. I start to imagine her attempting to paint her nails, but she would end up getting the polish all over her fingers. Then when she would try to clean it up, it would make an even bigger mess and she would probably get really frustrated and end up not painting them at all. I try to contain my smile at the thought of Ren trying to do her nails.

"Isn't she such a bitch?"

What? She barely knows Ren, how could she call her a bitch?

"No she's not," I answer defensively.

"Yeah she is, she's a slut too," she replies and looks at me as if I'm crazy.

"She is no such thing! What the fuck, Ren is really nice and you don't know anything about her, stop talking about her like that!"

Her expression changes and she looks extremely confused.

"Who's Ren?"

"What? I thought you were talking about Ren..."

"No, I was talking about Sydney."

Oh shit. "Um..."

"Who is she?" Her voice raises and I feel scared to tell the truth, even though there's nothing to be afraid of since Ren and I are only friends.

"I said, who is she?" She lifts her head up from my chest and glares at me. Uh oh.

"She--she's just a friend--"

"Oh really?"

"Yes--"

"And where did you meet this friend?" Her eyes squint as she emphasizes the word "friend."

"She's the girl who works at that music store."

"What music store?"

"We went there almost a month ago, remember when I bought you those CDs?"