XXVII. Thanksgiving

guys I'm so sorry for such a long wait! but my hiatus is finally OVER, and I can now present to you the final chapters of Until We Meet Again :) enjoy! xxx

...

(song: i'm good by the mowgli's)

"I can't believe I already found an apartment!" I exclaimed as we stood in line at the food court in the mall.

"I'm surprised it only took us like three apartments to look at before we found it," Steve commented.

"My offer still stands for you to live with me, Ren," Harry says.

"Your parents don't even like me, how would I be able to live in their house unwelcomed?"

Harry opens his mouth to respond and then shuts it.

"Harry's house is so big his parents probably wouldn't even notice you live there."

"Yes, exactly," Harry agrees with Steve.

"You guys are idiots."

"You love us though," Harry and Steve said simultaneously.

"Sure."

"Rude. Anyway, when are you gonna move in?" Steve asked. Harry stepped forward in line and ordered at Taco Bell for us.

"Um, I don't know. I think I'm gonna wait until after Christmas."

"Make sure you forget to tell me when you do so I'm not obligated to help you unpack."

"Wow, thanks Steve. Really appreciate your help."

"No problemo, padre."

"Did you just call her your father?" Harry asked as he walked away from the cashier to wait for them to give us our food.

"No...wait what's that Spanish word and it means like friend or something?"

"I think you meant compadre, dumbass," I correct him.

"Same thing."

• • •

Later that day, Harry and I lay on a picnic blanket outside in the park near my house. The sun was already setting behind the horizon even though it was only four o'clock.

"Today seems so...unreal," I said.

"In what way?"

"I mean like, I have an apartment now," I laughed lightly, "I feel so free. Like nothing is holding me back anymore. Or at least when I move out then I'll be free, but I'm getting there."

"Ren?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you want to move out so bad?" Harry asked innocently. The question was asked in a curious tone, not in an interrogating manner.

I don't respond for a few seconds. I don't know how to string my words together so that I don't unleash a load of all the crap I feel on Harry. One day I'll tell Harry all the details, but for now, I decide to stay somewhat vague.

"Have you ever felt trapped? Like, you're stuck somewhere and all you want to do is escape and discover what else is out there?"

Harry thought for a moment.

"Yeah, I know what you mean."

"That's how I feel about my parents' house."

"Oh. So why don't you move out before Christmas?"

"I just want to be ready, I guess."

Harry nodded his head.

"So tomorrow's Thanksgiving," he brought up.