XXVIII. Thanksgiving Pt. 2

(song: cha-ching by mr. krabs)

Alec Smith wore a smug look on his face, satisfied with the meat he had prepared for dinner that night. He held a strong grip on an aluminum pan that was tightly sealed over the top with aluminum foil, taking the shape of the turkey underneath.

"They'll be so impressed, they have to befriend me," he muttered to himself, shutting the car door and walking towards the mansion. "And after we become friends, they'll trust me with their bank account, and I'll be rich!"

He rang the doorbell, waiting patiently for his new idols to open the door. Before he arrived, Alec had done heavy research on the Styles family. He actually knew a little too much about them, but his eagerness overcame him and before he knew it, he had already memorized each family member's birthday.

Harry's father, Romàn, answered the door, dressed in trousers and a grey button down shirt.

"Can I help you?" He asked, a confused expression on his face.

"Mr. Styles! May I call you Romàn? It's so nice to finally meet you. I would shake your hand but mine are a little preoccupied," Alec nervously chuckled. Romàn politely chuckled in response.

"It's nice to meet you too."

"I made the turkey for us tonight," he said, allowing himself inside.

"Oh--"

"Where should I put it? In the kitchen? You should show me the way, you've got a massive house," Alec looked all around the interior of the home, amazed at the fact that he was actually inside.

"Who are you again?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Alec Smith, Ren's father. My daughter is dating your son," he eagerly smiled.

"Oh," Romàn said with a hint of disgust, "you're Ren's father. I heard you worked as a custodian."

"Yes, I do. Unfortunately it doesn't pay very well," Mr. Smith had attempted to make Romàn sympathize him in order to get his money. It didn't work as well as he wanted.

"I can see," Romàn offered a tight-lipped smile as he looked at Alec's attire for the evening: a white t-shirt, an old blazer and worn out jeans.

"Romàn, who was at the door?" Mrs. Styles walked down the large, spiraling staircase and paused for a moment when she saw the poor-looking man in her foyer.

"Mrs. Avery Styles! You're absolutely stunning in person. I'm Alec Smith, father of Ren Smith, the girl dating your son."

"Oh," she faked a smile, "Pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure's all mine."

The trio stood there silently until Alec spoke up again.

"So where are our kids? I was told Ren would be spending Thanksgiving with Harry."

"They are, at one of their friends' house. We were actually just leaving to go on vacation right now," Romàn explained.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Oh." Alec clenched his jaw, furious at Ren for making him look like a fool. He completely neglected the fact that he wouldn't let her fully explain her plans for the evening. How dare she, he thought, I'll teach her a damn lesson when I get back.

In an attempt to lighten the mood and slightly redeem himself, Alec spoke again. "Well we might as well eat this big turkey I prepared," he laughed lightly.

"Yeah, no," Romàn replied, "we're late for our cruise and have to go. Esmeralda! Call the guys to pack our luggage into the car," he called out to their maid before turning back to face Alec, "Feel free to walk yourself out." With a pat on Alec's shoulder on his way out, he left, putting an arm around his wife's waist.

Alec watched them go, an eruption of depressing emotions inside of him. Disappointment, anger, resentment, vengeance. All of these emotions were felt towards Ren. And boy, was she about to find out the next time she went home.

*****

don't forget to vote and comment and share this story! :) xxx