IX. Broken Trust

(song: you don't know me by breach summit)

"Stop what you're doing. Step out of the pool. Do not try to escape, we have the pool surrounded."

Fuck. We got caught. The one time I decide to do something against the rules I get fucking caught by the police! Oh my gosh I'm going to get arrested. What will the Smiths do when they find out they're going to have to bail me out of jail? They can't afford that! Oh no, they're going to leave me in jail because they can't afford it and they don't want a daughter as terrible as me. I know I always wanted to leave them, but not by going to prison! Fuck, what do I do?

I look at Harry who looks totally panicked but when he sees me he tries to act like everything is fine. Everything is not fine though! I feel like the air outside is running thin and I can barely breathe. What do I do?

"Ren, Ren please stay calm. We'll be okay, I promise," Harry tries to soothe me but it doesn't work. What the hell can he do to get us out of this?

"Step out of the pool now." The police warn us and Harry and I get out. I shiver at the cold air that hits me when I stand up. A couple cops walk toward us and Harry stands close to me, taking my hand in his. I squeeze it tightly and hope to calm down. Everything will be okay, right?

"What are you two doing out here at night?" One of the officers question. My mouth is too dry for me to answer, I can barely make a sound. Harry speaks up and manages to sound pretty confident.

"We were just going for a swim, sir."

"Oh yeah? At ten at night?"

"Yes."

"Are you guests at this hotel?"

"No, sir, we're not."

"Are you aware that that's illegal?" He narrowed his eyes at us and my heart began to beat so hard I thought everyone could hear it.

"No..." Harry answered again since I'm unable to make a sound.

"I'm afraid we're going to have to arrest you two."

One of the officers steps closer to us and I'm suddenly very aware of the fact that I'm in my soaking wet underwear in front of about four men. We can't get arrested. No no no no this can't happen. I begin to hyperventilate until Harry speaks up again, this time his voice is loud and very confident.

"No! Do you know who I am?" This time Harry narrows his eyes at the cop and I honestly have no idea what he's doing.

"Excuse me? No, I don't frankly, why don't you tell me who you are? That way I can alert your parents or guardian of your arrest."

"I am Harry Styles, my parents are the founders of Styles & Co. Ring a bell?"

The officer's facial expression shifts from fearless to scared shitless. Even in the darkness of the night I can see the color drain from his face.

"You--you're really a member of the Styles family?"

"Indeed I am. And I don't think my father would be too happy to hear that you arrested his only son, do you?" I can't even recognize Harry at this point. And I also can't tell if he's seriously part of the Styles family, or if he's pretending to be to get us out of this mess. He's being totally arrogant and rude, which reminds me of when we first met. The fancy clothes he wore, the bimbo girlfriend, and his disgustingly mean attitude. This Harry in front of me right now, telling off the cops and using his name to get him out of trouble, reminds me exactly of what my first impression of him was. And I don't like it.

"No, uh, sir, okay um... All right since this is your first offense I'll let you go," the officer attempts to regain his composure, "but another mishap like this and I'll have to take action, son."