Chapter Seven

Dedicated to dazzling_nehu.😘😘

Warning: Mature Content.

Salim, Madam Munirah's first son, was a responsible husband, son and father. He was always there if anyone needed help. He was married and had two kids. While AbdulHaseeb, her second son was also responsible, he slipped up sometimes. In every way, Salim was better. AbdulHaseeb wasn't married, but he had a job with a pretty good pay, and he lived alone. Men and their ego! Always loving to stand alone.

Hamad on the other hand, was the irresponsible one, which resulted from peer group influence, and a semi-poor upbringing. He had tried to be good, but failed. He had studied Agricultural Science in uni, and was presently serving in an agricultural company. Stupidity and irresponsibility were part of him. It wasn't totally his fault though. Only his mother raised him up. The time he was born collided with the time his father, Sa'ad, got into serious business, as a result of that, his father got little time for him and wasn't able to discipline him like he had done for his elder brothers. Bringing him up alone was kinda had for Munirah, but she succeeded nonetheless.

After Hamad graduated from uni, he had tried to change his ways. But his friends at work just didn't allow him to focus. You see, they were bad influence too. Hamad seldomly had company whenever he was home. Munirah had been too busy for that. But now that she had decided to switch to a less time taking job, won't it be too late? She hasn't really been understanding Hamad after he came back from uni fully. Most of the times, she would just misunderstand his motives and intentions and deem it childish. Could she be more wrong?

But this family was a happy family nonetheless and will use almost every chance they get to come together.

Like that evening they had dinner, well they had started having it, but it was later ruined, Sa'ad had decided to come home after some days of being busy, Salim's wife and kids had been at his in-laws, and AbdulHaseeb had just used that opportunity to visit. Meanwhile, Hamad and Munirah were almost always at home, except when they wanted to travel.

Recently, Hamad's peer group has had something going wild. You must have had an affair with a girl, giving it whatever it takes, if not you are most likely not to be considered as a man.

Disgusting, foolish or both?

But Was Hamad a man? Common, not really, he was just 23years of age! But he just couldn't understand that. He was too foolish. But not totally. Most of his friends had accomplished the task, and the spotlights were now on those who were yet to. And he was one of them. But he had been trying to escape, to push the topic aside. He had been trying to make them understand that not everybody had girlfriends who were willing. How were they supposed to do it then?

Some sense in there huh?

We'll see why he's too foolish.

************

Today was Friday. The Jum'ah salah has ended. Presently, Hamad was driving to the restaurant he and his friends had agreed to meet up. Friday was a half day, as a result, some of his friends just started their weekends from there.

All Hamad has been thinking of was how many people would have proved themselves in his group. He hated whenever he had the spotlight on himself. But how was he going to do this? He recently dreaded going to meetings like this were everyone will be present. Sighing, he parked his car in the car park in front, removed his key from the starter, opened the door and closed it behind him.

**********

Seated around the round table were Siddiq, Musa, Ali, Jude, Chris, Tahir, Joshua and prince, all who were Hamad's friends. They had all been happy because they had proved themselves, and had planned to come before Hamad, so they could ridicule him at his arrival.