Chapter Six

Sarah was in a light part of the dark phase of the forest. How ironic! She turned back, panting heavily struggling to catch her breath. She had just ran out of that super scary dark path. She turned to her right and saw her mother and the rest of her family smiling at her encouragingly.

"You are not there yet! Keep moving. Don't be fooled. This is not the light. You are not there yet. The light is ahead." She heard a loud voice boom.

"Mother, am I not there yet?" She said, turning slightly, addressing her mother.

"Sarah! Sarah! Wake up its time for Fajr."

"Mmm, mother? Am I not there yet?" Sarah murmured from her sleep.

"Sarah," Yusra called, shaking Sarah slightly by her shoulders. "Wake up."

That's when Sarah's brain clicked, she wasn't dreaming anymore. She was awake but had her eyes closed. They were heavy, but nonetheless, she struggled to open them. As she opened them, she closed them immediately and blinked several times to adjust to the intensity of the light in the brightened room.

When she finally adjusted, Yusra spoke.

"Sarah stand up. Its time for Fajr."

"Oh yeah, Assalamu alaykum. Thanks for waking me up."

"Wa'alaykumus salam, it was my pleasure."

So they went to perform their ablution and performed their salah. But Sarah had a hard time concentrating, thinking about her dream. Why couldn't Yusra wait till when her mother answered her. Yusra then told her they could sleep after Fajr, as long as they would be ready for work by seven. She walked back to her bed with thoughts of her dreams, but as soon as she plopped down on it, all her thoughts were replaced were replaced with tiredness, and sleep took over.

***********

Sarah was in the kitchen with Umm Hakeem, arranging the breakfast of toast, omelette and beverage tea on trays for serving. She was preparing the last tray when Munirah walked into the kitchen.

"Assalamu alaykum."

"Wa'alaykumus salam." Sarah and Umm Hakeem replied in unison.

She walked up to were Sarah was standing, arranging some toasts on a plate. Everything had to be done  style. Remember?

"Sarah how are you doing this morning?"

"Alhamdulillah."

Munirah had been uneasy since morning, when she spotted Sarah entering the main building. Sure, she didn't like how Hamad and Sa'ad had treated her, and she wanted to apologize. Yes! Munirah was that simple. But on the other hand, she wanted to please Sa'ad, so she had soothed and calmed him yestereve, and she didn't want to ruin his mood by making him see Sarah this morning again. She didn't know why he particularly despised her so much. As for Hamad, she dismissed his attitude, deeming it childish, for he was just 23 years of age. Little did she know that his intentions were beyond that.

"Um," She stuttered, "I'm very sorry for yestereve. The way everything was. I hope my family didn't repulse you."

Sarah stilled in shock. Madam Munirah was apologizing to her? Sure she had noticed the way her family had behaved but common, it was nothing really.