Part XX - Helios V is Liberated

This is St Rosetta with a message to the Imperium. Helios V is liberated! The way is open! To arms dear brothers and sisters! The conquest of one hundred and fifty worlds in his name awaits!

Through the astropathic choirs of over a dozen imperial ships, the message was sent. It travelled far and wide beckoning all who hear its luring call. The Imperium now springs to action and a crusade is declared.

It would take months before the first ships arrive yet one has come in silence and in secret. Even now it hung alone in the emptiness of the void.

-//-

In the empty darkness of space, a ship slips through the Helios system unknown and unnoticed. A formidable fortress of the deepest black plating it bore the finest technologies mankind could muster. Upon its prow, it bore its venerable name Dominus.

Batteries of lance and macro cannons lined its long flanks. Its skin was made of smooth plates of reinforced adamantium forged by only the absolute best craftsmen of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Such purity, such majesty, it's every spire, its every part, even its crew was an accomplishment of unparalleled majesty and perfection.

From within the depths of the Dominus, a dark room is illuminated by the green light of a hololith flickering to life. The light formed into a holographic image of Helios V. Around it gathered three massive men.

Nay, they were more than mere men. They were Astartes. Clad in terminator armours of silver and gold they gathered around the hololith as runes appeared all around it. The green light gleaming off of their splendid armours.

They all regarded the globe and the runes upon it. Above all, two of them shone brighter and were bigger than the others. One among them, a Librarian, his armour wreathed with holy parchment approached the hololith.

"I have scanned the Heliosian surface extensively. Of all signatures found to be of psychic nature these two were of any significance." He announced with his deep voice.

He raised his massive armoured gauntlet and pointed to one.

"This one is the being known as Rosetta."

He moved his finger halfway across the globe and pointed at the second point of interest.

"This one is unknown. The area appears to be void of life."

One closed in. The lense of his helm glowing a pale light blue. The green light reflecting off of his silver battle plate.

"There has already been a daemonic incursion has there not? Is this Rosetta not the source?"

"There are other powers at work here Mikeal. Heed the prognosticar's warnings brother. There will be two. Driven to war upon each other one hides among innocents, the other hides in the light."

"Then let us watch and wait. They will show themselves soon enough." Suggested the third Astartes.

"No. If they do it will be too late." Mikeal responded.

He then turned his head to look at the Librarian.

"We must know our enemy. Aurelius, you take Vespasian's squad and teleport to the sight of the unknown signature. Find out what you can from it. I will stay here and keep watch." Mikeal ordered.

They both held their fists to their chest and bowed their heads. Librarian Aurelius and Paragon Vespasian both turned about and began to walk to the exit. Mikeal turned quickly.

"Vespasian!" Mikeal called.

The Paragon turned back to face the Captain.

"Be prepared brother. We know little of this place." Mikeal warned.

Rosetta - A Warhammer 40,000 Storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें