Part II

Aside from first glance, cultural practices differing between imperial and local peoples caused tensions in an instant. With the Sororitas absolute objection to compromise and aggressive nature, diplomacy broke down swiftly.

It had only been a week since the celebrated annexation of Helios, and already rebellion and war had spread like wildfire. This planet was once united under the emperor's light merely days ago. Now, it seemed intent on tearing itself asunder.

Fighting at the forefront of this new war were Mirabel's Sisters of Battle. Seeking a swift victory in battle, she committed her entire order to a holy crusade. Resolute in their faith in the Emperor and their righteous cause they rode their mighty rhino tanks into battle.

-//-

The sudden bang of a direct hit barked throughout the troop compartment. Battle Sisters murmured and whispered their prayers of protection, honour and benediction. They knelt as one before a small shrine dedicated to the Emperor.

It was a decorated statue of him at his prime upholding the silver star. The sacred emblem of the order. Such was its nobility that it embodied the hope of the Imperum. Rosetta herself uttered prayers of benediction as she gazed upon its shining glory. She made the sign of the Aquila as she finished and took hold of her bolter.

She could hear the deep thud of the pintle-mounted storm bolter through the thick skin of her rhino. Another loud bang amidst the muffled rumble of war echoed throughout the compartment, and she praised the Emperor for the shelter her transport provided.

As the sisters, all started finishing up their blessed prayers Alexis appeared before them. Her black hair framed an ageing, scared face. She was a veteran of a lifetime of commitment. Unyielding, unrelenting dedication to the Emperor had been the framework of her life.

Rosetta had to admire the woman. Upon her brown-eyed face bore the anger of one who lived through too many wars of the Imperium. Today she guided them all into battle.

"We of the Adepta Sororitas stand for one purpose and one reason. That purpose is to show the Emperor's Divine Light to all who are consumed by darkness. That reason is unity. Unity for mankind, unity for the galaxy. The Emperor Protects! By his grace, you know what to do!" She proclaimed.

The rhino tank shook as it ploughed through a brick wall. The gunner hammered home a stream of storm bolter fire through ranks of traitorous filth. The survivors were splattered across the upper glacis of the rhino. Devotion had come in the form of the  Adepta Sororitas' armoured assault.

Soon the tank ground to a halt and its rear ramp lowered. Cannon shot slammed into the earth, kicking up a cloud of dirt upon impact. Alexis took the lead as they waited for the ramp to complete its descent. When it hit the grassy earth, and the sisters charged out as the enemy swarmed their position.

Armed and armoured in primitive medieval equipment they were a pitiful sight. They charged the Sororitas on mass only to be cut down in their hundreds by disciplined bolter fire. Mass reactive shells of high-explosive munitions detonated upon contact with steel, flesh and cloth.

In the name of the Emperor, the Adepta Sororitas moved with precision and speed. They laid siege on a rebel citadel. The reason for the rebel's betrayal was unknown, but then heresy does not reason.

Rosetta put on her helm and charged out with Isabel at her side. She sprinted around to the tank's right flank and laid her eyes on a mighty citadel. The Order was laying siege to the fortress known as Wyvern's Citadel.

Exorcists rained hell from above as entire squadrons unleashed their deadly payload upon the enemy walls. The primitive bulwarks collapsed as powerful munitions penetrated the parapets and detonated inside the walls.