::Chapter 28::

::Chapter 28::

After watching Jackson being hauled off in the ambulance in a body bag, the lacrosse team was sent inside to get their things while the crowds of people were sent home. Scott found himself trying to look for Emily as they were walking inside but it was obvious she had left and hoped that she had gone to look for his best friend who was missing.

He should have figured that Gerard would go after Stiles. He had threatened everyone but his human best friend.

-

The pureblood could only feel rage and concern over Stiles going missing and how it was obviously Gerard's doing. She had long drowned out the sounds from everyone else as she walked off the field, unaware that the Sheriff had caught her expression before he went back to instructing everyone else to leave.

Emily furrowed her brows at the scent that belonged to Stiles coming from the woods and she walked towards it. Had Gerard ordered his men to take Stiles into the woods and into a car hidden there to take him away?

That was a possibility.

Except the second she walked past a few trees, she soon realized it had been a trap when she was suddenly shot. Looking down at the tiny wooden stakes imbedded in her stomach, her anger shot up as she reached down and pulled them out while listening to hear where they had been fired from.

Glancing over to the right, she had found the soon to be dead man.

She heard a few other heartbeats but her main focus was on the one who had shot her.

"You do realize that these bullets aren't going to kill me, right?" She said before flashing over in front of him, a dark smirk on her lips as the veins from her eyes protruded out and her fangs came out. "But I guess it doesn't matter since you're dead." Sticking her hand through his chest, she pulled out his heart and dropped it just as his body fell to the ground as well. "So does anyone want to tell me where I can find the old bastard? I have something I want to ask him." She said loudly, knowing they would hear her.

Gerard had disappeared from the game when the lights had turned back on so she had no idea where he went.

"Fire the vervain." One of the other men said in a shaky tone.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." She warned, having heard him as she turned in the direction of the voice. "Because then I'll have to make your death very slow and agonizing." She threatened in harsh tone.

"Do it now." He hissed, his heart racing and he trembled in his spot.

Rolling her eyes, she flashed over to him next and gave him a chiding look while he stared at her in fear. She picked him up by the neck and began to slowly crush his throat before thrusting her other hand into his stomach and ripped out his intestines. She dropped his dead body on the ground.

"Alright, the last few that are left... can you do me a favor and please come out. Keep in mind I'm asking you politely so don't make me go over there and rip you limb from limb." No sound came. She sighed when neither of them made a move to come out. "I guess we have to do this the hard way."

Disappearing into the night, she went off in search of them

The last man trembled in his spot, having heard the screams from his fellow hunters. Gerard had only told them that they needed to lure the vampire into the woods and weaken her. And if they could, bring her to Gerard so he could personally kill her.

But seeing as he was the last one left, he knew that he was a dead man and knew he had failed.

Hearing the crunching leaves, his eyes widened with fear when he saw the pure blood standing there a few feet away with blood on her hands and smeared blood on her cheek and on her shirt. He also took notice of the vervain darts sticking out of her body and a few bullet stakes imbedded in her leg.