::Chapter 5::

::Chapter 5::

"Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever

"Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever. It is the best sports movie ever made."

"No."

"It's got Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper."

"No."

"Lydia, I swear to God you're gonna like it."

"No."

"I am not watching The Notebook again."

Emily leaned in her seat, a look of amusement on her face as she watched Jackson let out a huff as he got out of the car and practically stomped into the video store.

"I'm still amazed at how you have him so wrapped around your finger." She mused, a smirk playing on her lips as she could hear Jackson asking if they had The Notebook in the store.

"Well, he knows he'd be losing if he didn't do as I asked." Lydia replied with a faint smirk, she turned in her seat to look at her best friend with smile on her lips. "I'm glad that you agreed to join us. I feel like we haven't had as much time to hang out."

"I've been busy." Emily said vaguely, not interested in telling Lydia about how she'd been spending time hunting down the alpha. She pursed her lips, her eyes filled with distaste as she looked at the strawberry blonde, "But, seriously, Jackson's right. We always watch the notebook."

"It's a good movie." Lydia defended herself. "And it's better than watching a sports movie like Jackson wants."

The brunette nodded as she thought about it. "I guess you're right." She sighed, her eyes flickering to the video store and furrowed her brows at the flickering lights. She ignored as Lydia started taking selfies and tilted her head to listen to what was going on inside.

Emily stilled in her seat, hearing the growling that she easily recognized as the alpha.

Lydia paused in her actions, taking notice of her friend who had a serious look on her face. "What's wrong?"

Emily opened her mouth to warn her but, it was already too late. The alpha rushed out through the window, startling Lydia who let out a scream and the brunette grit her teeth as she focused on her friend instead of going after the alpha. "Lydia call 9-1-1. I'm going to check inside."

The strawberry blonde could only shakily nod her head as she watched her friend rush inside the store and she quickly called the police for help.

-

Emily waved off the EMT as she was unharmed and didn't need any attention. She didn't hide her annoyance as she watched Jackson arguing with practically everyone so he could go home. She obviously didn't like being here either but she wanted to see if maybe she could find anything out. There wasn't really much of a scent to go by.

She furrowed her brows seeing the sheriff arrive.

"Why the hell can't I just go home?" Jackson snapped harshly when he saw the sheriff arriving. "I'm fine."