::Chapter 6::

Stiles lips formed into a scowl when he saw Scott entering the classroom. He was still mad at his so called best friend for being so caught up in Allison that he failed to protect his dad who in turn got rescued by Emily who got hurt instead. He was just glad that she hadn't suffered a broken bone. He was grateful to her for saving his dad and felt the love he had for her grow.

But, just because no one got hurt didn't mean that he wasn't mad at Scott, because he was. So, he had been ignoring his best friend the last few days.

Stiles frowned when he saw Scott sit behind him but he made no move to turn around to greet his friend.

"Still not talking to me?" Scott asked him and heard him sigh. "Okay, but can you at least tell me that Emily and your dad are okay?" Stiles continued to ignore him which didn't deter the teen wolf. "I mean it's just a bruise right? Some soft tissue damage? Nothing that big? Okay, you know I feel bad about it. Like really bad." Stiles rolled his eyes, not turning around. "Okay. What if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and - That I went to Derek for help?"

The flannel wearing teen had an expression filled with disbelief as he clenched his jaw. "If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him. But obviously I'm not talking to you." The bell rang and Stiles could practically feel his mind filling up with curious thoughts about what Derek could have said to Scott. Even though he was still angry at him, he couldn't stop himself from turning around as he looked at Scott. "What did he say?"

Emily leaned in her chair as she looks down at her phone, reading the few messages she got from an old friend. She was barely listening to the conversation going on between Lydia and Allison, the latter telling them about her family history.

"The what of who?" Lydia asked, barely able to hide how bored she was. She was still freaked out over the video store incident and was trying her best to get over it. It made her envious of how her best friend was acting as if what happened didn't bother her while she was still having nightmares of what she saw.

"The beast of Gevaudan." Allison said, not letting her two friends looks of uninterest bother her too much. "Listen. A quadruped wolf - like monster, prowling the Auvergne and south Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bete killed over a hundred people, becoming so infamous that the King Louis the 15th sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it." She read aloud.

"Boring." Lydia said and Emily smirked as she continued to gaze down at her phone.

Allison continued, hoping to get a different reaction. "Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan."

"Still boring."

"Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a subspecies of hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid."