Scott glanced at his human friend. "Your dad coming?"

"Yeah, he's already here." Stiles said, glancing back at his father who was sitting next to Melissa.

"You seen Allison?"

"No, you seen Emily?" He asked, not seeing her anywhere and felt a pang of disappointment. He had texted her in hopes that she would show up tonight on the off chance that he did play and she had told him she would but she wasn't here yet.

"Not yet." Scott really hoped the pureblood showed up just in case something did happen tonight.

"You know what's going on?"

"Not yet."

"It's going to be bad, isn't it?" Stiles felt his anxiety shoot up at the idea of all the possibilities of tonight. "I mean, like people screaming, running for their lives, blood, killing, maiming kind of bad?"

Scott hesitated but nodded his head. "Looks like it."

The human looked at his friend and could feel the same sense of helplessness he felt back at the Sheriff's station. "Scott, the other night seeing my dad lying on the ground, you know, while I'm just leaning on Emily here and I can't even move, it just - I want to help, you know, but I can't do the things that you can do. I can't -" He felt useless.

"It's okay." He said quietly, he felt horrible that Stiles was feeling like he couldn't do anything when in reality without him he'd probably long be dead.

Stiles sighed. "We're losing, dude."

The two jumped when Coach got behind them and gave them a weird look. "The hell are you talking about? Game hasn't even started." His eyes flickered to Stiles. "Now put on your helmet and get out there. You're in for Greenberg."

Stiles sat up straighter, feeling a sense of excitement. "What? What happened to Greenberg?"

"What happened to Greenberg? He sucks." Coach said honestly. "You suck slightly less."

"I'm playing? On the field? With the team?" Stiles said slowly as he was still in shock by all of this just now.

"Yes, unless you'd rather play with yourself." Coach said, making a face as he spoke.

"I already did that today, twice." He said bluntly, while Scott tried to hide his smile.

Finstock grimaced and yelled, "Get the hell out there!"

Stiles jumped and scrambled to get his equipment before stumbling towards the team as he was so excited about the prospect of finally playing in a game. He stood nervously in his spot muttering oh my gods under his breath, hoping that he wouldn't mess this up tonight.

His eyes flickered to the stands and saw Emily sitting down next to his dad while she sent him a surprised look before letting a smirk tug at her lips and he instantly felt the anxiety he had before worsen.

Great now he really had to make sure he didn't make a fool out of himself tonight.

Not only was his dad watching but the girl he's been in love with for so long was now watching him.

Emily sent Lydia a look of annoyance when she saw the look on her face when she caught her looking at Stiles. She was still surprised to see him on the field since he never played in a game.

Her eyes flickered over to Scott who was sitting on the bench with a tense posture and furrowed her brows, wondering why he wasn't on the field and then her eyes followed his gaze to where she felt her whole body still.

Jackson was playing. That wasn't good.

She looked around and finally found the old man, standing there with a dark smirk on his face. She turned her head away when they blew the whistle, starting the game.