• Chapter Four •

Start from the beginning

'I can't, I'm too weak.' She whispered, hollow.

'No.' Sekhet growled, 'Strong.'

Her wolf waited impatiently for her to grasp onto the living soul, but when she didn't, Sekhet surged through the barriers that separated her and her human with a powerful snarl that promised pain. Her human retreated the back of her mind, allowing Sekhet full control, and she gladly took to tearing down the expanse of gloom that trapped them. 

Sekhet's eyes opened to blinding white light, her human quietly watching from a second point of view.

Although she was an animal, Sekhet was no stranger to the hospital procedures, and she fully expected the smell of sterile cleanliness to burn her nose and the sound of her heart monitor driving her ears crazy with white walls surrounding her, but she found none of that.

As her eyes adjusted to her surroundings, the soft color of cream beige greeted her along with the calming scent of cinnamon and rustic pine. Sekhet gave a terse huff and shifted her eyes from the floor, and came face-to-face with a masculine body. 

An extreme sense of déjà vu coursed through her. Somehow, she felt like this had happened before, but no matter how she will, she couldn't remember the fraying fragments of her human's memory. She made a mental note to scan her human's memories when she was finished saving their life, but she knew that she would despise the memories. It had to have taken a lot to break her human where she didn't even want to fight for life.

Sekhet's eyes made contact with a face, and she saw a young man with light brown hair and sparkling blue eyes. She quickly discerned that the man didn't even know she was awake, as his attention was focused elsewhere.

"I don't think the bullet caused too much damage," Sekhet bristled at the sound of the voice. It was undeniably male, she felt a strong alluring aurora from him as he continued, "It looks like she should heal nicely. I left the stitches loose so that the wound can drain. She will need a dose of pain relievers daily." 

Her calculating eyes watched the male as he oddly grinned in amusement, and then his ocean eyes moved down. He stiffened in surprise when their eyes met. 

"Jay?" 

The man's eyes flickered with apprehension, he didn't risk looking up at the voice calling his name, and the natural defense kicked in, leaving Sekhet with a vision of red. She slowly revealed her sharp canines. She wanted to protect the human, but in doing so, she was going to have some fun of her own.

"Darren, she's aw-" Blue Eyes was abruptly silenced when she clamped her jaws around the man's arm, and then he was screaming in agony. He tried yanking his arm from her grasp but the more the prey struggled, the more excited Sekhet became. Her jaws tightened until her teeth met bone. 

There was no going back the moment his blood filled her senses. Sekhet was consumed with the need to kill.

They all deserved to die. 

She was vaguely aware of the voices shouting left and right, choosing to ignore the presence of other males until their hands wrapped around her body like vines and attempted to pull her away. A vicious snarl escaped her as she was abruptly disconnected from the blue eyed man. He fell away from her, clutching his gushing arm to his chest.

It was chaos. 

The men struggled to restrain her and keep themselves in one piece. Some of them narrowly dodging the deadly assaults thrown at them as Sekhet resorted to violently thrashing her body about when her teeth and claws failed to dig into appeasing flesh. 

She was livid.

Her human curled away from the horror that laid ahead, sinking into the depths of her mind, and Sekhet roared with anger. She knew that the human never enjoyed the acts that she did, but her human would never turn away from a satisfying revenge. 

These men would pay for the damage that they did. 

And they were going to pay with their blood. 

✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙ ✙

... and so it begins. Are you ready?

Leave a comment!

(Not edited)

--1770 words --