Epilogue I.

Life turned out to be beatific after Baby Anamika brought bundles of jollity and blitheness with her.

Mayank and Amrita did postpone their wedding date and made some ammendments in the arrangements.
Even Manyata booked her ticket and was going to arrive a night before their big day.

Vinay and Sandhya visited them after the birth of their grand daughter. Sandhya clearly acknowledged Mayank's affection towards Amrita which she hadn't noticed earlier and she finally came to accept the new terms and apologised for all her mistakes, wholeheartedly.

The date was nearing and everyone couldn't keep their ecstasy at bay except for one...

Frown on his face deepened as he fixedly eyed her movements.

She ignored him and continued to place her clothes
neatly in her bag.

A smile settled on her lips when she glanced at him.

"Could you pass me my watch? It's in the left drawer." She requested as she tried to stifle her laughter.

"Ambar!" He groaned and she finally giggled at him.

"You don't have to get grumpy again." She mocked him.

He frowned.

"And for once, you have to listen to me." He pulled her towards the recliner and made her sit beside him.

"Okay... Fine."

"Don't go." He pleaded, giving her a puppy look.

She mashed her lips.

"Nakul, we're done with the discussion. No further arguments, I'm going." She stated and flipped the cover to close her bag.

"Why?"

"Don't make a fuss. I'm going to my uncle's place and it's not that far away... So relax." She smiled at him.

He pouted.

"And look at Mayank bhai. He's pretty cool about Dida living with her parents before their wedding." She set forth.

"Exactly! It's their wedding then why are you leaving me?"  He huffed in irritation.

She immediately encircled her arms around his neck.

"Because I'm a bridesmaid and I have to stay with her." She reminded him.

"Okay, so I'll also switch to your side and join you there." He grinned.

She sighed, "You're the best man and I want you to assist your brother and not switch sides." She cupped his face and he exhaled loudly.

She pressed her lips on his and kissed him briefly.

His lips twitched upwardly.

"If you promise me one thing then, maybe I'll let you go this time." He told her.

She raised her eyebrows, "Maybe, are you serious! What am I supposed to do?"

He smiled slyly.

"I'm serious as your, Mr. Grumpy would be. First promise me." He implored.

"No, First tell me." She urged.

"First promise me." He insisted and she let out a huge breath.

"Fine but it better be something that I could do and shouldn't be beyond my ability." She said and he nodded.

"It's something which only you can do." He winked at her and she rolled her eyes.

"Care to enlighten?" She narrowed her eyes.