Chapter 34-In a Jamboree.

"It's not here, where the hell did he hide?" She groaned before shuffling his room, upside down.

"Amy, what are you doing?" Aakash asked her, entering his chachu's room.

"No. Nothing." She stammered.

He moved ahead and handed her a big gift packet.

"Are you looking for this?"

Ambar immediately tore the wrapper and was stunned to find a beautiful lavender dress in it.

There was a note on top of it.

This is a gift from one friend to another. Wear it tonight.
P.S. This isn't the surprise you've being looking for. Stop wasting your precious time because it's waste of your time and it isn't in my room.

She smiled eventually holding the dress but scowled after she read the last line.

Indeed Mr. Grumpy was giving her a hard time.

"You'll look so pretty in this dress." Aakash commented.

"Why is that so?" Ambar was on her knees once again.

"Because it's my choice. Even Chachu liked it." He grinned.

"And may I ask, when did you choose it? You didn't go out. At least not anywhere without me." She queried, wondering.

"Amy! We ordered it, online." Aakash gave a shot reply while Ambar felt foolish of herself.

Of course, she should have guessed.

"Okay! I'll just make a quick call to your uncle to thank him." She informed him and he nodded.

"So! You got my present." She heard him say as soon as the call was answered.

"Yes sir." She sounded too sweet.

"So, did you like it?" He asked her.

"First let me ask you who gave you my measurements?" She enquired.

"No one, I just guessed it." He said.

"Stop kidding and tell me how did you get my measurements?" She was exasperated.

"Alright! I looked into your clothes." He said and she palmed her mouth instantly, turning pale.

"Oh my god! What?". She shrieked cutting him off.

"Hey! I just looked into your clothes which came back from laundry which had a size tag on it." He answered, clearing her doubt and she heaved a sigh.

"Oh! Thank god."

"Wait a second! What did you think?" He was about to say further when she quickly disconnected the call in fear.

"Are you okay?" Aakash asked her as she was sweating profusely.

"Yes, I am." She replied wiping her sweat from her face.

"Okay! So, now can we play?" Aakash looked up at her.

"Sure." She replied thinking how dumb she was acting today.