Chapter 35-Audacious.

"Tell me?" He peered into her eyes, requesting her to open up.

"It's probably nothing."

"If it was nothing then you wouldn't have reacted. I know you by now. Please tell me what offended you. Please." He pleaded.

She couldn't hold any longer as she got clung to his chest and cried in his embrace.
He soothingly patted her back while she told him each and everything in detail. He didn't speak a word till she hadn't finished talking.

"Amy! Please don't cry." Aakash wiped her tears gently and she smiled at him.

"Aakash! Come, we're bursting crackers." Rithanya interrupted them.

"Small shot. you can go with her." Nakul said.

"But Amy?" Aakash looked at her friend who just blinked at him.

"Go. I'm here with her." Nakul told him and he left them alone to play with the little girl whom he had befriended.

Once he was gone, Nakul offered her a bottle of water and she gulped few sips of it, calming herself down.

"How do you feel now?" He queried.

"Better." She breathe out.

"How were you feeling earlier?" She was confused with this question.

Didn't she tell him everything? Or was he even listening?

"Say." He demanded.

"Worst..." She gave him a shot reply, whimpering.

"Elaborate..." He folded his arms.

"I... felt worse.. terrible... It tore my heart to see how they judged me, my appearance." She bellowed.

"Did you see them or do you even know their names?" He asked.

"I heard one of them calling her friend. She mentioned Kruti." Ambar recalled still unable to stop herself from weeping.
He inhaled a deep breath as he knew who were those women.

"Okay. Do you even know any of them personally?" She shook her head, this time.
"So, why are you even letting out your tears for someone whom you didn't even know before coming to this party? Are they really worth this." He expunged those wet droplets from her face using his thumb.

"Didn't you feel angry?" She quizzically stared at him but eventually nodded her head to answer his question.

"Because surely I did feel that way too. They had no right to insult you or speak ill about you." He told her grasping her face in his palms.

"Instead of crying out here. You should go inside and face them, show them that you're not affected by their comments. Let them also know who you really are because the girl, I know to be my friend is not weak. She's fierce, she's strong and surely, she knows to shut one up if he or she is talking too much. I've seen that." He smiled, still cupping her cheeks.
She wiped her face and bobbed her head.

"Let's go. I still have few mouths to shut." Ambar walked inside holding his hand tight.

She knew he was right...
At least this time.

"Hey, are you alright? I saw you running out..." Aaradhya asked her.

"Have you seen Ms. Kruti. I guess, she was with her friends? I hope they haven't left." Ambar looked phlegmatic.

Before Aaradhya could say, Nakul spotted them near the lounge area.

"Look... There she is... sitting with her friends." He smirked and strolled towards them holding Ambar's hand.