Chapter 20-Departures.

"Ambar?" Manyata was surprised to receive her call.

"Hello ma'am, I hope I'm not disturbing you. I just called to apologise for yesterday." Ambar muttered in a low voice.

"Ambar, my dear. This is none of your fault dear. Actually I'm quite pleased with the way you stood up for yourself." Manyata proudly stated what she felt like.

"So, you aren't angry with me?" Ambar conferred.

"No dear. Absolutely not. By the way, I'm glad that you called. Anyway I'm leaving tomorrow. Hope to meet you soon." Manyata said.

"Yes ma'am. I would love to meet you and I want to thank you for everything you did." Ambar replied, skipping the details of yesterday's aftermath.

"Take care of yourself and stop calling me, ma'am. Please call me Auntie, dear." She requested.

"Sure ma'am. I mean Auntie. Take care and have a safe flight." She said smiling.

"Good bye, Ambar."

"Bye Auntie." She hung up the call feeling a burden lifted from her chest. If her mother would have been alive then she would've been just like Manyata.

She couldn't stop smiling after talking to her. She hugged her parents photograph before stepping into the kitchen.

Her house was nothing compared to her uncle's place.
It was just the size of her bedroom or her old room. Maybe even smaller than that.

Cooking was something which she adored but knew almost nothing about it.
All thanks to her cousin.
Amrita had taught her little of everything. Ambar knew that she had to do something as she was literally starving.

But there was nothing in the house. Nothing for her to cook.

She had a very little amount of cash in her piggy bank. Emptying it, she started counting.

The money she had collected, was not enough for her to survive even a week.

She needed more for which she had to look for a job.

Before she could think of anything else, she heard someone knock the door.
She opened it to find a middle age woman standing with a plate in her hand.

"I heard few voices here so I thought...." The lady's voice trailed off.

"Oh." Ambar nodded in understanding.

"Actually, I was surprised because this door is always locked. Oh, by the way, I'm Rachana. I live next door with my husband." She introduced herself.

"Hello, I'm Ambar."

"I've gotten you some breakfast." She forwarded the plate.

"Oh thank you." Ambar smiled awkwardly, taking the plate from her hand.

"Would you like to come in?" Ambar offered.

"No. Some other time. I've some errands to do." She denied politely.

"I just don't know how to thank you for this breakfast." Ambar said.

"It's no big deal. I just thought to help as it's your first day here."

"Actually it's my parents house. Though I haven't lived here for years but I do occasionally visit at times." Ambar explained while she nodded surprised.

"We moved here few months back. Never saw you here before nevertheless it was nice meeting you, I must leave. See you soon." The lady smiled before bidding goodbye.

"Thanks once again." She said and closed the door.

Ambar was extremely grateful.
At least, she was spared from all the cooking this morning.