Chapter 16-Tickety-Boo.

Sometimes, there comes certain moments when you don't know how to react.
That kind of situation is very unpleasant for one to witness it.

Ambar was going through the same dilemma. She was at a stranger's house where she was unable to express herself.
She was angry, hurt and confused too.
Precisely, she was completely bewildered and dazed.
Why shouldn't she be?

Her eyes were constantly on her Dida who on the other hand was trying to hide the guilt from her face.

Was she so unimportant that the person she loved the most didn't even tried to discuss anything about herself with her? But there were things, she still didn't have an idea about.

"I'm sorry." Ambar quickly bend over to pick up the fork which she had dropped accidentally.

"It's alright, dear. Leave it. Use the other one." Manyata dispelled Ambar's embarrassment.

"So when should we start?" Sandhya enthusiastically brought up the topic again.

"Mrs. Sahay, I've something to say if you don't mind." Nakul interrupted her.

"Not at all."

"Thank you!" He smiled gratefully.

"I know this will be very difficult for you all but Mom is leaving for New York on friday and this wedding, I can't do it in her absence so will it be okay if the date is prepond to this wednesday?" He said while the others except his mother, eyed him in astonishment.

Especially Ambar.

'Wednesday! That will be in the next three days. Wasn't it too soon?'
Ambar's mouth fell open. Too many shocks to endure one after the other.

"Is it alright?" Manyata asked.

"Actually, Mrs. Suri. We haven't started with the preparations and three days will be a lot more difficult. It's too soon." Vinay voiced out his worries.

"I do understand, Mr. Sahay but I've no choice and don't stress about the arrangements.  That will be taken care of." Nakul explained.

"Alright then wednesday it is!" Sandhya smiled.

"Amrita! Is it okay for you, dear?" Manyata asked her finally. At least someone cared to ask her decision as well.

"Yes." She breathe out.

"Are you sure?" She held her hand out.

"Yes, I've no problem." Amrita acquiesced while Ambar's eyes were still glued to her.

"Good now we have a lot to discuss and decide." Manyata exhaled. 

"Definitely!" Sandhya agreed.

------------------------------
While the rest were busy discussing about the wedding, Ambar and Amrita were seated across the hall having no one around.

"Why? Why didn't you tell me?" Words automatically slipped out of Ambar's mouth.

"I'm sorry." Amrita managed to hold her tears.

"Dida, why are you getting married? Why so soon?
There are many questions in my mind. Please tell me this is a joke." She pleaded.

"It's not a joke and I'm getting married because I want to." Amrita lied.

"Aren't you in any sort of pressure? You know what I mean." Ambar referred to her aunt and uncle.

"No."

"Dida, Are you happy?" She asked making an eye contact.

"Yes, I am." Amrita lied again with a lot more difficulty.