Chapter 41-Shenanigans.

"Amritsar?" Ambar raised an eyebrow at him. It was a queer choice, he had made.

"What's wrong in Amritsar?" He shifted his gaze, avoiding to look into her.

"There's nothing wrong but why didn't you ask Aakash where he wants to go? After all, this trip is meant for him to enjoy, isn't it?" Ambar stated as a matter of fact.

"So. What if I didn't ask him? He'll have a good time there and anyway, he's not familiar with many places to visit." Nakul shrugged while picking up the plate from the table and serving himself some noodles. Ambar eyed him with suspicion before Aakash's voice brought her out of the trance.

"Chachu? Am-rit-sar, Where is it? What will we do there?" Aakash bounced few more questions on him and he smiled at the boy.
Precisely, A very sheepish grin.

"It's in Punjab, small shot!
We'll visit the golden temple to pray for Dadda's recovery so that he would wake up soon and you would get some change from here too." Nakul told him hoping that he buys it and doesn't ask him anything else but that didn't ended the way he wanted.

"Will God listen to us if we go there?" This got him tongue tied.

"Yes, he will... not because we're going there but because he won't neglect a good boy's prayer." Ambar replied him instead.

"Okay! So, we are finally going on a trip." Nakul announced before digging into his plate and Aakash giggled.

Seeing how odd he was behaving, Ambar felt something fishy about this whole trip thing.

'I know, you're hiding something, I'll get the truth out soon, Mr. Grumpy.' She smirked and too continued to finish her dinner.

Ambar and Aakash packed their bags once they were back in their room.
Ambar finally had put Aakash to sleep and as she came out of his room, she saw the lights of Nakul's room still on.

As she stood by his door, she heard him talking to someone. May be he was on the call. She knew eavesdropping was bad but she couldn't help it.

"Yes! I want you to handle everything here... I'll be meeting Mr. Bhalla in Amritsar. It's really important for us to crack a deal with him... As far as I've heard, we won't get this chance again. Yes okay! Thank you." She heard him saying these kind of words and then it suddenly clicked in her tiny brain.

"Apology! Trip! My foot!" Ambar huffed and was about to leave when she heard the cracking of the door.

"What are you doing here?" Nakul opened the door, startling her.

"Have you packed? I thought to help you." Ambar faked a smile.

"Yes, I have. Thanks for asking." He replied.

An evil idea crept in her mind and she knew what she had to do but only when the right time comes.

"Oh okay! When are we leaving?" She asked him breaking the silence.

"Tomorrow morning." He narrowed his eyes.

"Oh okay! I'm very excited." She clapped her hands and he eyed her strangely.

"Really?" He asked with a hint of amusement.

"Yes, good night. Big day tomorrow." She wished him and turned to leave.

"Yeah. Good night." He said after a pause but she was gone by then.

It was just before the sunrise when she finally sneaked into his room to find him still sleeping, luckily.

Thankfully, the door was also unlocked of his room and even of his wardrobe.

She quietly rummaged his wardrobe and was surprised to find few casuals too though she had never seen him wearing them.