" I think we are just going to get something to eat. I want to get out of the house and go somewhere with her. You're more than welcome to join us. "

" That's your Best friend I don't want to intrude upon that. I want you to enjoy yourself. I'll probably meet up with you two later. " I explained. He nodded knowing that trying to convince me further would only end with the same answer. I know he needs a break especially with someone he is comfortable with.

" I do need to ask you about something. " He says.

My heart drops immediately. I could feel my throat become extremely dry. " What is it? "

" I checked the mail, and I saw that a couple of bills are late. "

" Oh... " I chuckled cutting him off before he dove any further. " I just forgot to pay them. You know with everything that's been going on. I'll take care of them. "

He smiled at me warmly. I loved how he looked at me as a protector and a provider. I'm afraid to lose him over something so small. " I hope you enjoy yourself though. If all goes well I want to celebrate with a nice dinner. Your treat? "

He looks over at me. " Don't volunteer me to cook! " We both laugh. "Especially because we are going out to eat so that would make no point. Do you want a home cooked meal or take out? "

" I'm kidding. " I say staring towards the pool. " I'll be home waiting for you to get home. "

" If the mood is right. We can get nasty tonight. " He stands, stretching to walk in the house.

- - - - - - -

"You know where you're going right? " I ask, watching him slide on his jacket. I dangled the keys in front of his face.

" Yes. If it's any consolation I have GPS. " He says attempting to snatch the keys from my hand.

I move them away playfully pushing him back. " Aren't you forgetting something? "

" Like what? " He stepped back placing his hand on his hip. " Oh. " he steps forward placing a light peck on my lips.

" Better. " I hand him the keys. " You two have a good time. I see you when you return. " I open the front door for him. He steps around me to go out of the doorway.

" Thanks, I will. You let me know how everything goes over with your mother. " He stops in the doorway turning to me.

" It should go well. We've had time to cool off. Finger crossed. " I smiled. I looked down at my wrist seeing what time it was. " You should get going. Have a drink on me. I hand him a one hundred dollar bill. I know my finances her look a little bleak but he doesn't have to know.

" Thanks, Baby. " He kisses me. " I'll see you later. " He slips off to get into the car. I shut the door turning I start getting dressed to go deal with my mother.

*Elian P.O.V*

I pull up to the airport parking on the side. My eyes scan around for Amber. She told me she had landed a few minutes ago. I see her waving her hand around as I pull the car up to her. I unlock the doors stepping out to help her put her bags inside.