SC: 23

Cyrus Parnell
Winston, Mississippi
1:11 P.M
July 13, 2011

Elian and I sat at the table eating in silence. Today would be the day he'd go to the airport to pick up his friend. I wasn't really in that much of a great mood. I still needed to find a way to tell him that we're close to being dead broke. My mother rescinded all access I had to my booking emails since she handled all of my business. I was slowly hitting a low point..

I knew I had to be strong for both Elian and I. Even though I know he could sense something was definitely off with me. He'd never say anything unless I brought it up first. He stood to dispose of his garbage and clean his dish. I watched as he walked around the counter. I admired him. The way he kept his head held high even though his toughest time. The way he stood by me when I went against my own mother for him. I'm grateful.

I smiled to myself thinking about all of his actions towards me. Each action proved more and more that we were meant to be here with each other.

" Why are you smiling weirdo? " He asks, running his hands in circles on his plate with the water running.

"I'm just thinking about you." I smile. " You make me so happy babe. How'd I deserve you? "

He blushed lowering his head. " You got lucky. "

" Well, I'm glad for that! What time does Amber come? " I asked, placing my plate in the sink as he washed it for me.

" Her plane will land at around six. I'm leaving out at five so I can be there. I'm excited to see her! " He crooned.

" It's just nice to see you happy. " I lean onto the island watching him.

He looked at me releasing a deep sigh. " Cyrus I am happy. Just because I'm not walking around with glee in my step every day doesn't mean I'm not satisfied with my decision. If it wasn't for you I'd still be in my cramped apartment sulking over my mother. She would've wanted me to get out and live life. "

" I'm with you, babe. I'm just glad we have trust and honesty. Which brings me to my next topic... " I stretch my jaws thinking about the next few words that are about to escape my mouth.

His face fell into a worried frown. " Is this something I'm going to have to sit down for?"

" Not really. " I shrugged. " It's all in perspective really. I'm going to see my parents today. "

" Oh. " He nodded casually.

I stared at him going over his reaction in my head. " Oh. Is that all you have to say? "

" Those are your parents it's about time you go talk to them. " He replies placing the dishes into the dryer. " You don't have to run that by me. "

" That's because I want you to have a say. If you tell me not go, and that I'm being foolish I won't. "

He tears off two paper towels drying his hands. " Cyrus I have lost both of my parents. I wouldn't sit here and say fuck your parents no matter how I feel about them. You still have a chance to build with them. Eventually, they'll come around to the idea of us. I just won't hold my breath for it. "

" I'm going to have a talk with them about their behavior. We both deserve an apology. She arranged to meet me at their home. "

" Good luck. " He places his thumbs up. Even though he isn't verbally saying it I can tell he just isn't big on the idea.

Time for a change of subject. " Where are you and Amber going today? " We both walk outside to the patio area. He takes a seat on the deck chair as do I. The evening sun radiated off of our skin. The pool water made small waves as the wind blew them around us.