eighteen

"Jimin, you're all I have. I have to protect you."

Jimin didn't know what to say to that. He cried. He wasn't good on speaking emotions. Yoongi embraced him. "Please don't be sad anymore." Jimin nuzzled his head in his shoulder.

After Jimin got all his emotions out he knocked out. Jimin was fast asleep and Yoongi sat next to Jimin till he woke up. Yoongi was mad but he didn't want Jimin to see it anymore. He felt his anger only made Jimin more upset.

"Finally awake sleepy head?" Jimin sat up and stretched. "How long was I out?" He smiled at Yoongi. "Hm, all day. We even missed school." Jimin's eyes widened. "Wait, we haven't gone to school yet? It was all a dream?" Yoongi thought lying was a bad idea. "I'm just kidding. But I'd say a good hour." Jimin's smiled wiped away.

"But hey, let's go somewhere fun? Whatever makes you happy?" Jimins face lit up. "like where?" Jimin got excited. "Where do you wanna go?"

"The beach? We've been here before though." Yoongi followed after Jimin as he held his hand. "I like it here." Jimin finally stopped in a shaded area surrounded by rocks.

"I like the silence and the sound of the ocean hitting the shore. Don't you?" Jimin turned to Yoongi. "Of course I do." He smiled. "Jimin, I didn't want to bring up the topic but.. I'm dropping out of school." Jimin looked saddened and concerned. "How will you go to college?"

"My dad wanted me to work at his company anyway. I don't need any college experience." Jimin didn't want to go through school without him. "And I called in some people my parents knew, I got you private schooling at home." Jimin's face lit up. "Really?! You didn't have to! But thank you!" Jimin always wanted to be homeschooled. But his mom had work and she wouldn't be able to keep up payments for someone else to do it.

Jimin hugged Yoongi then kissed him. "You're the best." They both smiled. "I made sure to get a girl so you won't go falling in love with someone other than me." Jimin laughed as he took off his shirt. "How am I supposed to fall in love with someone else if I already love you?" After saying that he ran into the water.

Yoongi could feel his heart beating extremely fast. "Wait.. what did you say?" He held his chest. I love him too. But I'm too scared to tell him. Is what Yoongi thought while blushing and smiling. He watched Jimin dance around in the water. He looked so happy. Yoongi took out his phone and took a picture.

He wanted to be able to see that happy, care free smile on Jimins face everyday. So he set it as his wallpaper. He smiled as he looked at it. "I don't want today to end." Yoongi took his shirt off and got up to go with Jimin. Jimin walked closer to him as he did the same.

Boom

Jimin fell back into the water. Yoongi didn't know what happened but he ran to him. "J-Jimin? Jimin wake up! This isn't funny!" Yoongi lifted  him up higher onto the sand. "Someone call an ambulance!" Yoongi moved his hand and saw blood. He looked around. He saw that girl from his house on the ground crying. Since no one was helping him he ran to his phone and called an ambulance.

~30 Minutes Later~

"Jimin? Please wake up.." Yoongi held his hand as he layed unconscious on the hospital bed. "Sir, are you a relative?" The doctor came in. "N-No, I'm his..."

"Please stop telling people.."

"I'm his best friend." The doctor nodded. "I think you'd like to here about his condition?" Yoongi nodded as he stood up.

"It was a gunshot wound in his upper abdomen. Lots of severe trauma could've happened being that it was in his up-" Yoongi was getting impatient. "Just tell me if he's going to live or not." The doctor looked taken aback. "There are very low chances of him surviving. H-He lost a lot of blood in the time he was waiting on the ambulance."

... I cri...