Chapter 14: Advances

Hey guys... As promised an update per the schedule :) oh and the video above please watch and let me know what you think... I spent a really long time making it and I hope it was worth it and If any of you wish to make something like this I would love if you would send me anyways. Enjoy!

2 weeks without him.

You would think forgetting would be easy, trying to move on would be simple and trust me it is. Although when something like what happened two weeks ago happens to you then it just takes you back to the start all over again.

Damien showed the lengths he could go to just to make things go his way and I'd be lying if I had to say it didn't intimidate me more. Everything about him manages to haunt me from his image, to his lies, to everything remotely Damien. I try to act normal around Jake and show him that nothing is bothering me despite his constant attempt to talk. It's not that I don't want to tell him, I just feel like he wont understand me and might not approve my thinking is all. I also don't want him to constantly worry because he already does so much and I don't need him to waste anything more on me.

When I look outside the window or when take a stroll down the streets everything here feels so lively and everyone seems so happy to be alive and then there's me. I feel like I walk around with a dark gloomy cloud over my head and make everyone sad when I pass by. It seems like I get lost in my thoughts a lot these days, who knows maybe because of all this free time on my hands and not having to fret about doing things for Damien my mind seems to make up for that free time.

That's why I never even realized when Jake called out to me.

"Hailey.... earth to Hailey!"

The sound of fingers snapping brought me back from my trance. I blinked a few times to rid myself of the state I was in and focused on the hand and followed its connection to a strong built body.

I blushed a smile. "Uh hey."

"Where were you lost?" Jake grinned playfully hoping to get an insight to the inner workings of my torturing mind.

 I silently shook my head and he dismissed asking further, he knew I would tell him it doesn't matter.

"Hails you know, you just have to say you're bored and I'll stop talking." he said with a pout but you could see the ends of his lips tugging upward.

I arched an eyebrow with a slight smile "Jay you never took that hint before so why would you start now?"

He looked baffled and brought his hand to cover his heart. "Oh you wound me fair maiden! I asketh for thou forgiveness." he wiggled his eyebrows playfully and bowed. The way he spoke made me laugh so hard I couldn't control it and felt a slight pain in my stomach from laughing.

"You are forgiven kind Sir."

He knelt down on one knee startling me and pulled my hand into his and I was frozen, I couldn't register what was happening until I felt a his lips on my knuckles leaving a kiss so warm. His eyes never left mine and neither did I have the urge to look away and for a moment I thought he was going to...

Jake grinned and cheekily said "Hails you don't have to look so pale I wasn't going to propose.." he frowned a bit it's like there was more he wanted to say but he didn't.