:A Proscriptive Relationship: 20

The two thugs were a few hundred feet behind us. I figured if Lance and I kept a brisk pace, we would be able to make it to the car before they caught up with us. And once we were in the car we could lock the doors and I could call the cops. Or Mr. Heywood.

But I still was extremely paranoid. I wanted to get to the car as quickly as possible.

"Hurry up, Lance," I begged, out of breath. "Please."

"What's wrong?" Lance asked, serious now. "Holly?"

I glanced at Lance, who looked extremely worried. He glanced over his shoulder and a surprised look passed over his face. I followed his gaze and saw the two men now running towards us.

"Run!" I screamed, grabbing Lance's hand and bolting down the aisle of cars.

Lance stumbled after me, looking behind him. Eventually he faced the front again, sprinting by my side.

"What's wrong? Who are they?"

"I'll explain later, we just need to get away as soon as possible-"

I stopped abruptly, making Lance knock into me, sending me sprawling onto the ground. I landed hard and smacked my head against the hard dirt. I groaned, and pushed myself off the ground.

When I looked up I came face-to-face with two more men, but these two were unfamiliar.

"Hey, let go of me!" I heard Lance demand.

My head snapped towards him and I saw the two thugs from before holding onto his arms tightly.

"Let him go!" I demanded. "He doesn't have anything to do with this!"

"He knows Chris." I noticed the man who was holding me, was the man I had punched in the face back in the woods at the fair responded. "That's enough reason."

A pair of rough hands on my shoulder yanked me from the ground and forced me to my feet. I broke out from under them and ran towards Lance, only to be tackled down from behind.

I groaned in frustration when my head once again slammed down on the hard dirt. I really needed to think before I acted.

"You're a feisty one, huh," the man pinning me down commented. "I've heard a lot about you."

"Get off her!" I heard Lance shout. "Who are you guys?"

"Shut up," one of the other men responded to him.

"No! You're hurting her!"

I heard the sound of a fist being slammed into a gut and someone groaned. My heart skipped a beat.

"I hope you think before you talk now," the same man who had spoke before said.

The man pinning me to the ground rolled off me and there was a pressure on my back and I winced, hearing the scuffing off dirt. When the man was finally standing up, he grabbed my hair and forced me to my feet.

"You take the girl and I'll take the British brat, Dan," the one holding me offered.

"Good idea, Jack."

So the person I had punched before was named Dan. Good to know.

"I think she owes me an apology anyways," Dan continued, gesturing Jack closer to him.

I was forced into Dan's arms as Lance was shoved to Jack. Before Dan had a good grasp on me, Lance suddenly swung his fist, hitting Dan squarely in the face. With his other hand, Lance quickly brought his fist into Jack's face. Jack fell to the ground and didn't move.