The Secret is Out, But Dean's Not

Cas' POV

"Maybe it'll help me remember something!" Dean exclaimed. Panic fell over Cas. He fumbled around in his mind, searching for something to say. "Cas, you good?" Dean worried.

"What?-Oh, yeah I'm fine. Just spaced out for a second." Cas hurriedly answered. He prayed that Dean would forget the question.

"So, how about the reunion? Will you take me?" Dean persisted.

Flustered, Cas replied "Sure, of course I will."
Shitshitshitshit that sounded really romantic fuckwhatdoIdo

"Really? Thanks man!" Dean beamed at Castiel as he thanked him. Cas watched him as Dean clutched the invitation in his right hand, with the other letters held in his left.

A sense of shit what did I just do? filled Cas. But, seeing the ginormous grin on Dean's face made him less worried.

Castiel and Dean headed back to the hospital, where Gabriel was there to greet them.

"How was the outing, guys?" Gabriel asked, with a sly eyebrow wiggle at Cas. If looks could kill, Gabe would be dead at the hands, or rather eyes, of Castiel.

"It was awesome!" Dean exclaimed. Cas looked over at Dean and saw a blinding sparkle in his eyes. His smile stretched almost from ear to ear. Cas felt a warm and fuzzy feeling inside, one he hadn't felt in a while.

"Well I have some good news for you, Dean. You are set to return home tomorrow morning!" Gabriel announced. That "warm and fuzzy" feeling Cas has immediately dissolved into a pit in his stomach.

"Really? Wow, it's a bit bittersweet. I'm gonna miss you guys!" Dean added. Cas felt the pit in his stomach grow immensely.

"Yeah, Sam will be here at 9:30 to pick you up and drive you home. He'll help you get settled in and whatnot." Gabe instructed.

"Thanks, Gabe. See you in the morning!" Dean called as he walked through the front door into the hospital.

"Gabe oh my god. Do I have a story for you!"
Cas practically wheezed. He'd been half holding his breath since he heard the news.

"Shoot," Gabe chuckled, "This ought to be good."

"So when we went to Dean's house, we picked up his mail and the first letter he saw was an invitation to a reunion for our fraternity." Cas began.

Gabriel spat out his nonexistent drink. "Holy shit!"

"I know, right? Anyways, Dean saw it and decided it would be a great idea to go! He asked me if I could take him, and I got caught up in his smile. I wasn't thinking, I accidentally said yes." Cas continued, prepping himself for Gabe's comments and laughter.

Gabe bust out laughing, "Sweet baby Jesus! What the hell are you gonna do?" Somehow, he managed to speak between cackles.

"If I had any idea, do you think I'd be asking YOU what to do?" Castiel retorted.

Gabe shrugged, "I don't know, man. This is your problem."

Dean's POV

Dean looked at the clock on the wall. 3:38. He had drifted in and out of sleep for almost 4 hours. The thought of going home and Castiel's smile when they were together ran through his mind. Dean grinned just thinking about Cas' dorky smile. However, the prospect of going home was sitting heavy in his heart. He would only get one more chance to see Cas once he left. Dean promised that he would ask him if they could be more than friends. The thought of being around Cas in a romantic way put a giddy feeling in his heart and the smile on his face again. Dean drifted off to sleep for the night soon after.

"Good morning, Dean." Cas greeted him as he walked through the door, holding a clipboard. "I'm gonna need you to fill out a few forms before you leave. It's just how your stay was and how you're feeling."

"No problem." Said Dean. His heart sank when he remembered that it was his last few hours there. He smiled at Cas as he took the clipboard. Picking up the pen, he sighed as he began to fill out the forms.

Dean set the pen down as he finished what he thought was his signature on the last page. His hand seemed to remember his signature by muscle memory. He hopped off the hospital bed and grabbed the clothes by his dresser. They were the same ones he wore yesterday. He headed to the bathroom to change.

As Dean walked out, he grabbed the stack of mail he brought with him, as well as the many bouquets of flowers that had been left for him. He promptly dumped the wilting flowers in the trash can.

Dean grabbed the clipboard and stuck his head out of the room to look for Cas.

"You done?" Cas asked as he walked up. Dean nodded. "I'll see you next weekend, okay?"

"See you then, Cas!" Dean and Cas stood there awkwardly. Dean wondered if he should hug Cas or not. He decided against the idea.

He headed out to the front desk where he signed himself out and waited for his ride. Gabriel caught him and said his goodbyes.

"I'll see you around, Dean-o! Say hi o your brother for me, okay?" Gabe hugged Dean. "I gotta go be a nurse now, bye."

Dean sat down as he saw a tall figure step out of a car in the parking lot. Dean grumbled as he stood right back up.

"Hey, Dean. Where's Gabe?" Sam greeted.

"He's being a nurse, lets go." Dean grabbed Sam's arms and led him out.

The pair got into the car, where Dean promptly asked/critiqued, "Really, man? Gabe? Of all the nurses..."

"Oh shut up. I bet you like Anna."Sam rebutted.

"Pfffft, no way man. She's a bit crazy." Dean shut Sam down.

"Oh, ok I bet you like that other one, though. The one with the blue eyes and dark hair." Sam snidely accused.

"What? I-no-it's not-he's just-I mean-
no way-shut up, Sam." Dean stuttered.

"Holy shit you do like him!" Sam exclaimed. He quickly glanced at the beet-red Winchester beside him.

"FINE, maybe I have a crush on him." Dean admitted.

Sam chuckled to himself. Dean thought well fuck, Sam's on to me. I just gotta play it cool.

"My secret is out, but I'm not so don't say anything about this to anyone. Cas is gonna go with me to a reunion for STD next weekend. Do not speak of this, alright? Or I'll expose your little crush on Gabriel." Dean threatened.

Sam pulled into Dean's driveway. Sam tossed the keys to Dean's house to him. "Good luck, Dean. Call me if you need anything." Dean grabbed his stuff from the back and walked up to his front door.

"221 Tennant Street." Dean mumbles to himself. "I guess this is home."

A/N: sorry it took me so long to update. i'm super busy. anyways, who's loving season 13??