Greed stumbled and gave Wrath a look. It's not like he could blame him though - he'd probably do the same if the positions were switched. Wrath shrugged his shoulders. "Have fun?" He said, in a meek attempt to make Greed feel better. Greed rolled his eyes and turned his back to all of them. If there was only a virtue of Encouragement. "I'll you guys later then," he said in a not very excited voice and left the room.

Even though it was the same house, Greed felt as if the entire atmosphere had changed, and he was suddenly a prisoner chained and walking towards his hanging. He was alone, talking to the girls. It's just the girls, Greed thought to himself, irritated. The same girls that he and the other six had bent Earth over on its side for, and now it was difficult to even say hello to them in the morning to bring them breakfast.

When the sins first had changed all seven of them, breakfast was in the dining hall and with each of their amazing selves. They figured that the girls would bring themselves and eat with them. The first day, none of them came, and that was understandable. Pride said it was probably because they were scared and didn't want to be bothered. Girls liked to stay in packs until they felt safe.

The second day bid them the same fate, however. None of them brought themselves to the breakfast table, which automatically meant none were coming for the remaining two eating times. The third day their food was left cold, along with the fourth, fifth, and sixth.

By the seventh, breakfast was not even portioned for the girls because the sins had given up. There would be no possible way of pulling them out of their rooms now that they were sanctioned in there. On the eighth day, some brain had an idea to check on the girls, to see if they had escaped or something of that nature, since it had been done before, much to their dismay.

Greed remembered it like it was yesterday. He and Envy were the scapegoats of the other five sins, voted on to go check to see if their room was vacant. That way, if no one was present inside, the blame would naturally be put on them to make the others feel better about themselves.

The walk to their room felt awfully similar to the one Greed was taking on his own as he thought. When they finally got to the door handle, neither sin could bring themselves to touch and turn the metal. There was no sound coming from the room, which made the sound inside them, their heart, get louder. What if they had gone? Neither of them wanted to fathom what they'd have to do to get them back. What if they were killed? Taken? Kidnapped?

It felt like they were the parents to the virtues, not the girls' real parents, though probably having similar thoughts to their parents when they, the sins, took them. Envy was the one that turned the knob to see their horrid doom. Slowly, the door inched open, so slowly that Greed remembered wanting to kick it so it would go faster and he could throw away his grief once he saw that they were missing.

But they weren't missing, at least, the parts that they wanted missing. The girls were there, most definitely. All seven of them lounged around the room in various places, so ordinarily, so that Greed was surprised to see them acting so normal.

The problem was how soulless they had become. It was like their souls had been ripped out of their bodies.

The room itself was full of color. Flowers, colored tables, and quirky couches filled the room the girls were in, making the room look like a sick rainbow. But those same flowers, tables, and couches looked like they were dying, just like the girls that sat upon them or stood near them. Dying of having to be near these melting atrocities.

The girls were not colorful, in much contrast to their furniture. They were not dull, they were not ashen, and they were not dismal. They were not sooty, indistinct, or even opaque. Greed couldn't find a word to describe the girls as he felt tears coming to his eyes, and even next to him, he could feel the weary and dejected feelings bursting off of Envy as well.