Ten

Grayson:

"Why is she here?" Ethan ask frantically running his hands through his hair. "We ran into some trouble at the coffee shop." I say simply. "What coffee shop?" He ask furrowing his eyebrows. "The One she works at." I mutter. "Oh so that's where you've been going. Listen Grayson I'm not putting my life in danger just because you have a little crush Okay." He says sternly. I roll my eyes.

"She's in trouble too Ethan. They came for her. They know her name and what she looks like." He lets out a sigh. "And now they know what you look like." I just nod because he's entirely right. Those guys know for a fact that I'm the one that killed their boss now.

"I have to go talk to her and calm her down." I mutter to Ethan as I leave his room and make my way back to the living room where Alex is seated.

She looks at me anxiously as she sees me. I sit next to her and she immediately ask me a question. "Why did you come back to see me?she ask blankly. "Well my boss was angry that I let you go so I had to go and make sure you weren't going to the police or anything of a couple of days." I mutter.

"How long were you watching me?"She ask staring at the ground. "Week and a half." She looks up at me not sure of what to say. "Why?" Is all she ask. "Like I said I had to make sure you weren't ruining my business and then I just I don't know. I wanted to talk to you." I say referring to the past few days that I've visited her at work. She just nods and looks back down at the floor.

"What business are you in exactly?" She ask furrowing her eyebrows. "We help Chicago be a better place." "But you kill people Grayson." She says lookin at me with tears in her eyes. She's scared I know she is. "I kill bad people Alex." Is all I manage to get out.

"What kind of bad people?" She ask and I know she wants to know about what her boss used to do. "Well your old boss used to have a gang of some sorts and they'd sell drugs and kill people and he'd never get in trouble for it so my job is to take care of it." I say swallowing the lump in my throat.

Alex is still scared. She's stiff and she's seated a couple feet away from me.

Soon Ethan walks in and her eyes shoot up to him. She recognizes him and realizes that we look a lot alike. "He's my twin brother. He does he same thing I do." I say calmly. Ethan just nods and sits in the chair.

"We're not going to hurt you." Ethan mutters. Alex nods. Ethan glances at me and then back at Alex. "Are you hungry?" I ask Alex. She doesn't say anything.

"Ethan how bout you go get us some food." Ethan's skeptical about it at first but he nods. He can handle it. There's a couple of guys that know us but he'll be fine.

He stands up from the chair and grabs his coat by the door and shrugs it on. He leaves leaving Alex and I alone on the couch.

Alex hair is in her face and I scoot over and lift my hand to move it from her face but she moves away. "Please don't be scared of me." I whisper to her and she moves the hair herself.

"Those people know who you are and they might hurt you. I promise I'm just here to protect you." I add. She nods this time. That's a good sign.

"Do you want to change out of your work clothes?" I ask. "I have nothing else to wear." She says looking down at her hands. "I can call Ethan and tell him to pick up some of your things if you'd like." She nods. "There's an extra key under one of my plants." She says quietly. I just nod and pull my phone out of my pocket and walk into the kitchen to call my brother.

"What's up?" He ask through the phone after the first couple of rings.

"Is there anyway you could stop by her apartment and pick up a few of her things?" I say running my hand through my hair.

"Wait? How long is she staying?" He ask confused.

"I don't want her to be alone. They probably know where she lives." I mutter into the phone.

"How am I supposed to get in?" He ask with a sigh.

"There's a key under one of her plants." I say quickly.

"Alright I'll see you in about 20 minutes." I nod and hang up the phone.

I walk back into the living room to see Alex a little more relaxed. "You want to borrow some clothes and then when your things come you can give them back?" I ask shyly.

"Please." She says standing up from the couch messing with her fingers.

I motion for her to follow me up the stairs and I go straight to my room.

She watches me as I shuffle through my drawers and I find her a t-shirt and a pair of sweats that have a draw string in them. "Is this okay?" I ask as I hold them up to her. She nods quickly.

"You can change in there." I point to my bathroom. She makes her way to my bathroom and she closes the door and I hear it lock.

She's in there for a few minutes until she comes out with her clothes folded in her hands and she's holding the sweat pants up. "You can sit those on my bed." I say referring to her clothes. After she sits them down she looks at me with a flushed face.

"I Uh couldn't quite figure this out." She says holding out the string to the sweat pants. I chuckle a bit and plop down on the bed. "Here I'll help." I mutter and she moves in front of me.

She lifts my shirt up so I can see what I'm doing and she reveals her lower stomach. So many thoughts rush through my head but I push them away.

As I look at the string I see why she struggle with it. There's a tight knot tied in them from the last time I wore them.

I struggle with the knot for a couple of minutes then I finally get it. I smile to myself.

I tighten the string up for her and then I look up to her to find her already looking at me. "Is that okay?" I ask referring to how tight the pants are. She nods and I tie them. "Thank you." She mutters putting the shirt down.

I smile at her and she smiles back at me then we hear the front door open. "Foods here." I say quietly motioning for her to walk out of my room first. She does and I can't help but think about hers just happened and all of the thoughts that came rushing to my head.

I wanted to plant kisses all down her stomach and tell her to just forget about the pants. I wanted her to lay in bed with me.

I've never thought these things and I don't know what's happening to me.

————————-
AN:

So she finally knows who he is.

This was a longer chapter for you guys. I hope you liked it.

And feel free to comment and or message me because I'm boooorrreeeddd!