Chapter 36. Surprise!

Start from the beginning

"Oh hey! You're up!" He said way too perkily for this early in the morning.

"Hey Hunt!" I said trying to sound excited. I looked over at the alarm clock next to my bed and saw 10:38 in the bright red letters. Ok so apparently it's not that early.

I quickly threw the covers off of me and stood up.

"I'm gonna go take a shower. What are our plans for today?". I walked to the back of my door and got my towel and my bathrobe.

"It's your birthday," He said. Oh yeah, it was my birthday.

"Happy birthday Laur!" He said and he wrapped me in a hug.

"Thank you!" I said and he kissed me quick on the lips.

"What does the birthday girl want to do?" Hunter said. He pulled away from the hug just enough to talk to me, but still kept me close.

"I want to just go walk around or something," I stated.

"Well I've never been able to walk around Boston so do you want to do that?" He asked.

"Perfect!" I said. "I just need to shower, get dressed and eat and then we can head out.".

He nodded and said he was going downstairs and I showered peacefully listening to music.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hunter's POV

"So you're taking her to Boston. Right, Hunter?" Laurel's mom, Stacey, asked me. She was leaning against the countertop putting her phone into her bag. Her, Chris, Jake and Brian were going to set up for the surprise part while I distract Laurel.

"Yep. But won't she want to spend time with you guys on her birthday?"

"No," Jake said. "She'll be glad we're gone."

"Ok," Stacey said as she checked the bags with all of the supplies to make sure they had everything. "Jake take that one. You grab that one and you have fun, Hunter" she said as she pointed to her sons and the bags on the floor.

They exited through the garage as I was left alone in the kitchen for a few minutes. I just stood there silently for a few moments before I heard Laurel come down the stairs. She was wearing light jeans, keds and a blue shirt and was currently in the process of putting on her earrings.

"Sorry I took so long," She said. "Let's just say we had a slight flat iron problem."

"Did you burn yourself again?" I asked. Everyday she calls me in the morning and says she burns herself. She's got learn how to use that thing.

"Yep,"

"Let me see it," I said. She tirned away and said:

"No."

"Laurel..." I said again.

"Fine," she said and she turned back towards me.

She pulled her hair away from her neck revealing a small red mark by her ear. It was nothing, but I kissed it anyway. I just don't want her to be in pain. Ever.

"Let's go explore Bean Town!" I said as I ran outside holding one arm in the air like a superhero.

She laughed and said, "Who calls it Bean Town?"

"I read it online."

"While you were in your bunk pretending to be sleeping,".

"Precisely. Now onward," and I ran off again like a little kid.

I got into the passenger's side and she started driving into the city of Boston, Massachusetts.

That day was spent going to see some historic sites like Paul Revere's House, Bunker Hill, and Fanuiel Hall. Then we did some fun stuff like the Aquarium and The Public Garden. After we had some clam chowder in trie New England fashion.