#PartyCrashers

(The curvy words are thoughts.)

"Jeanette thank God you came as fast as you could." Cheri said as she opened the door and gestured me to come inside.

"What's wrong Cheri?" I said concerned and looked around the house to see what the damage was. I saw nothing. It was the same but with a new couch.

"Girl ,I need help. And as my maid of honor you haven't been there." she said overly dramatically and then fell on the couch.

"Wait, what?" I said confused. This woman made me risk getting a ticket for speeding to lecture me about her bullshit wedding that I am totally against.

"Yes Jeanette. How can you be so selfish? I mean, am I the only one that cares about my own wedding? I thought my best friend would be here for me" she said and then put her hand on her forehead.

"Cheri, I have things to do. I thought you were in real trouble." I growled.

"I am. I have no idea what flowers should be on the reception tables!" she shouted.

"Cheri, I do not approve this wedding. I can't help you" I said shortly.

"Wait. How can you do this to me? What have I ever done to you?" she cried and then sprang up from the couch.

"You kicked me out" I muttered.

"Oh you're always bringing the past up for no reason." she sighed.

"It just happened like 4 days ago" I spat.

"Exactly. That's like a century ago" she said.

"OMG Cheri. I'm leaving" I said and was about to turn around but she stopped me.

"Jeanette, please stop." she said as she grabbed my arm.

"What?" I said.

"You're my only friend that hasn't left me because of Josh. The only friend that I trust. The only friend I consider a sister. Please do this for me. Don't you love me enough to see me happy?" she said. I was always a sucker for guilt trips with her. Even though she was wrong most of the time

"Cheri. I'll do it Cheri. But I'm still not on board." I said.

"That's fine as long as you still love me enough to do this for me" she said.

"I will always love you Cheri. No matter how crazy your plans are.... Now what do we have to do?" I said.

"Well can you confirm all the orders I placed for the wedding on this list? It's about 2 carters, 3 florist, 4 bakers, and 6 photographers. I want you to get a feel for them and pick out one from each department. Then I want you to confirm with the guests. There are at least 400 people. Then I need you to pick out a menu for the food. Then I need you to get my wedding dress from the cleaners. They close at 10:00. I need you to do all of this before 9:00." she babbled.

"Wait, what will you be doing?" I said curious.

Sounds like I'm doing all the freaking work.

"The bride needs lunch. Bye Jeanette" she said and then she raced off to the door and slammed it shut.

I just stood there frozen. I was thinking of many things. How I could leave and not do shit. How I could just sit here and watch divorce court on YouTube. How I could mess up all the orders and laugh in her face. How I could kill Josh. And how I could be a good friend and do what she said. Obviously I went with option 2. Watch divorce court on YouTube. I cried and laughed before she came home.

"Did you call them all?" she asked. That was the first thing she said when she walked through the door. No hello. She didn't even have food in her hand for me.