Chapter 4: First Bite

Start from the beginning

Standing before me is a man on his late twenties or early thirties. He wore a menacing smile that sent shivers down my spine. His blond locks fell on his forehead as he stared at my captors. From one look at his tight Abercrombie shirt, I could say that this man is quite muscular but not over the top. To add to the intimidation, he was tall. I think he's even taller than Richardson. His powerful jaw was topped with these luscious red lips and... fangs?

Then it hit me. He's a vampire!

I scrambled back to the wall and stared at him with fear. The reason why there are less rogues walking the earth is because of these blood suckers. I heard stories of them killing werewolves in sight. They didn't need a reason to kill. They just want to.

His glowing red eyes were surreal and I saw the three men hesitating to attack him. He radiates power... so much power that I was frozen to my spot.

Within a flash, he grabbed the man nearest to him and snapped his neck using one hand. The body fell on the ground with a thud and the two more men backed away.

"Pitiful Lycans, running around the city unprepared," he jeered at the three of us ", run now little dogs while I enjoy the chase yet. If you don't, I'd stop dilly dallying." I could hear the glee in his voice, it was as if he was goading us to run.

    Because he knew he could catch us easily.

That seem to enrage the two of them because they launched themselves towards him all the while I was scampering back to my feet, thinking a plan of escape. I can sneak when they aren't looking! I should run!

      I saw the man smile, the corner of his perfect lips shoot up in an evil way that I shivered.

The first man, the more unfortunate one, dashed to his right while the other one dashed to his left to corner him. That backfired almost immediately because the vampire's right hand shot up and embedded itself on the lycan's ribs. I heard bones cracking and the man's scream as he pulled a beating heart from his chest complete with the arteries and veins still attatched to it.

The vampire crushed the heart in one squeeze while shoving it to the man who's about to attack him from the left. The pieces of the heart are forced in his open mouth, so he gagged and backed away.

That has got to be the biggest mistake he ever did.

Seizing the chance, his bloodied right hand shot to the man's throat, his fingers diving from the flesh and into the windpipe. Like before, he pulled the windpipe off his neck, blood spraying in his face and clothes.

The windpipe dangled uselessly like some sort of hollow tube dripping with blood. The man's body fell on the floor with the scarlet liquid pooling underneath.

I covered my mouth to muffle any scream that may escape, not wanting to draw attention to myself. My knees were still bent in a protective stance or in a fast run in case I would need to defend myself. Although I know I won't stand a chance seeing that he finished three warrior werewolves without difficulty, I refuse to go down without a fight.

He lifted his chin so he can face the light pouring from moon, the moon's light illuminating his features well. His face is covered with blood as his Abercrombie green button up shirt. Blood splattered on his expensive shoes as his jeans. He looked so terrifying that moment.

     Quick, Holly make a quick escape! I shouted to myself and maneuvered around the walls to dash through him when I hear him moan.