(1) 1: The Last of the Mikazuki

Start from the beginning

"No. However, I fear they will at this rate..... there is no way we can hold them off too much longer... there is far too many, and backup can't make it soon enough."

Mizataisho lowered his head deep in thought. He narrowed his eyes, as he thought about his daughter. "I will not let them have her. I will not let them get the two-tails." he growled.

Koga knew what his masters' intentions were; he wasn't fond of the idea, for he did care for the young girl. He didn't understand why the humans were so fearing and hateful towards her. Yes, she was a Jinchuuriki, but the two-tails wasn't violent with the Mikazuki. He loved his human companions, but still didn't understand their nature.

"Let's go, Koga, hurry!" Mizataisho jumped onto his Wolves back as they ran through the chaos that had broken out within their clan's home. On their way, Mizataisho took out as many of the Rain shinobi as he could that were in his path.

Inside of a building that had been damaged, little Shiori, Mizataisho's daughter and the host to the two-tailed wolf demon sat curled up in fear, clenching her legs tightly against her chest. She was crying, as silently as possible to avoid attracting any attention. All of this was just too much for a little five year old girl to take in. She was so scared. Especially after seeing her own mother killed right in front of her, the only person who had ever loved her or showed her any compassion, aside from the Wolves in the clan.

"Mommy.....mommy!" she cried desperately, with some hope that it would bring her mother back to her. "No......no, no!" She cried more as she buried her face into her legs. She shook with grief and fear.

Suddenly she heard the door fly open, and looked in horror as a Rain ninja stood in her view. She whimpered, as she shook even more.

"Found you." he chuckled, and began to move in on the girl.

Shiori tried to back away, but there was nowhere else to go, she was pinned in a corner, and stared up in horror at the man.

Tears fell from her eyes as the man reached out at her to pick her up, she shut her eyes tightly, but heard the sound of a growl and snap, as the man cried out in pain. She looked to see her father, mounted on his wolf Koga, who had the man clenched between his jaws, dead already.

"F- father!" she cried.

Mizataisho got down off of his wolf, and walked towards his daughter, who scurried over to him and clenched onto his legs. Normally, she would never do that. She knew her father didn't like her, and would not care a bit to kick her off. But right now, she didn't care. She'd lost her mother, and was terrified. She cried and clenched tighter onto his leg, feeling safe now.

Mizataisho bent down slowly as he placed a hand on his daughter's head, a small attempt to falsely comfort her even more. She took notice of this and was shocked, but embraced it, feeling even more secure.

"My daughter.... I am sorry you had to witness your own mother be killed.... and I am also sorry that I was not able to the father you wanted, and needed. But do not cry, I will not let these people take you." he spoke.

Her heart softened, and she sighed, "Th-thank y-you, d-d-daddy!"

Unbeknownst to her, her father had taken hold of a sword, and raised it down at her back. "I will NOT let them win." he stated last, before plunging the sword down into his own daughters back. She did not cry out from the pain, because she was too shocked.  Blood ran down her mouth and she looked up at her 'father'.... her eyes widened and she looked at him but could not speak... mentally asking him "Why? Why father?"