Space Training (Requested Ethan)

"And today, ma'am? What am I supposed to do?" you asked your Sergeant politely. 

"Find someone to train with or do nothing. For only today, it's your choice to do whatever you'd like." 

You'd never had a day off before. 

As the more experienced woman walked away, you found yourself almost lost on what to do or where to go. You were on the Retribution and knew your way around, but at the moment you felt like a complete newbie at life entirely. 

Did you go and sleep? Train like you have been for months? Go have fun? But what was fun on this serious ship? 

"Y/N!" 

You came away from your thoughts and noticed Ethan, an E3N war robot-machine. He was more experienced than you by far yet still the two of you had befriended each other ever since you'd set foot on the Ret. 

You remembered the day so clearly...

"Welcome to the Ret, rookie." 

You looked around at the hangar in surprise. "I didn't think it was this loaded, ma'am."

"The Retribution is strong, for it's age." 

"Making fun of the ship, are you?" 

The man who'd given you just the tour of the hangar filled with ships turned and smirked. "I would never do such, Ethan." 

You expected to see a living person yet were taken aback when the thing in front of you wasn't. What would be the vision of the robot looked straight at you. 

"Ethan, meet Y/N Y/L/N." 

"Pleasure to have you aboard." 

"You shouldn't say that just yet." 

Ethan looked to the man assigned to show you around. "I'll take it from here." 

"Aye." 

After the guide left, Ethan looked at you. "What do you mean by that, ma'am?'"

"You shouldn't be excited to have someone around if you don't know them." 

"I meant that I'm glad to have another fighter on board." 

"What if I don't fight? What if I'm annoying?" you leaned forwards with a smirk. "Are you saying you enjoy being annoyed?" 

If the Ethan thing could smile, he would've been grinning. Instead he chuckled in amusement. You grinned. 

"So you're showing me around the rest of the time?" 

"Yes." 

"Bummer," you joked. 

Ethan looked at you but only shook his head. 

~~~

"Hey Ethan!" you raised your head from your flashback. 

"There a reason you aren't training?" 

"Yeah, I gave up." 

He left out a huff of disbelief. "From you? Never!" 

"You know me too well. Stop being a stalker," you smirked. Once you reached him in the hallway, you stopped and looked slightly up at his yellow optical. "I was given the day off." 

"Oh?" 

"To do whatever pleases me." 

"I see," Ethan thought a moment. "Ever trained out there?"