C h a p t e r 35: The Court ii

Start from the beginning

Valencia just clenched her fists and set down, her eyes never left his as her glare went more serious each second.

He just smiled at her and caressed Raymond before shaking his head and he showed her the tiny dagger in his hand and passed it next to her baby's face.

She went out of colour and as she was trying to control herself for the sake of her son, he signed to her with his hands pointing his finger at her then passing his hand next to his neck as if it was slaughtering him.

She was seeing red, but it wasn't time to be reckless since her son's life in danger.

She nodded and looked helplessly at Thomas then Drake who was clenching and opening his fists to control himself.

She mouthed to him:" Don't leave without him." Her face expressions were tired, scared...no she was terrified. She knew what will happen. She was pleading them, looking as if she was on the edge.

Declan was watching all the exchange, confused, wondering why are the men who beat him here, who's the baby and why is smirking at Valencia.

She exhaled and finally faced the judge.

"Your honour, I committed the crime. The day of the murder, I was too busy killing Arthur. May his soul rest in peace, and may mine burn in hell for my shameful inhuman side. I hope everyone who participated in any kind in getting out of me the monster I am will burn with me in hell. The pain should be shared. After all, caring is sharing and people we say we love and care about should be the ones we hurt. That was somehow proved today."

Silence filled the room. No one spoke a word for a while, some were confused, others were silently raging and the rest let her words sink as they felt it was directed to them, but only one of them felt bad about it.

"You murderer! You fucking murderer! You killed the love of my life! You buried with him our dreams before they even become real! You ended his life and ruined mine! I hope you continue the rest of your life carrying this weight on your shoulder! I hope you die in the most painful way, alone with no one by your side" Arthur's wife was losing it. She was breathing heavily as she started crying.

Valencia didn't say anything. What she said somehow made sense. Even if her hand weren't dirtied with his blood, her consciousness is. After all, Arthur was only a collateral damage.

Guards surrounded her, she just kept her head low as she passed by people who were cursing at her and some were just glaring. She only focused on the crying of the baby who woke up because of the chaos.

She went back next to Thomas who just observed her, afraid she'll pass out anytime soon.

They know about Raymond, they are the people she ran away from. Her mum's past is related to her past, it may be the same fucking psychopath behind all this.

The judge excused himself and started writing in his papers in front of him and he received one from the jury. He started adding and removing things.

Every second passed seemed like an eternity. They all knew what will happen, Valencia wanted to stay in that eternity rather than hear what he's about to say.

"Okay, so we've come to a conclusion." He said, and Thomas held her hands strongly as they all stood up. The judge cleared his throat and continued:" due to the evidence and the clear confession of Valencia David, the court decided to give her forty years in jail for the crime she committed. Murder is something you should be punished for, as humans, we cherish human's life."

As he said that he hits the table with his gavel stock.

"Thank you jury members and everyone who helped today..."

She couldn't hear them anymore; she was so lost in her thought, so lost in her pain and so worried.

She only felt as two men held her arms and took her outside, followed by people' eyes again, wrong judgments and wrongly directed hate.

Her brother was standing next to the door when she walked out, looking the way a criminal would look, giving the vibe that you must stay away from her.

He didn't understand what else happened that she was officially named as a criminal since he was kicked out of the room. He felt guilty knowing he doubted her before because now that he's seeing her this way, it doesn't fit her at all.

Valencia is a nice girl.

"Valencia we'll get you out of there!" Drake yelled, holding the baby.

She turned, relief showing on her face as he saw her child and spoke softly:" You always do..."

***

<3 I LOVE YOU ALL