A Note

chapter 8

Alistair searched for Micha, the boy had screamed bloody murder and ran off somewhere before Alistair could catch him.

Micha was impossibly fast. 

Alistair checked in his room, there was little sign of him up here until he looked over to the closet. There was a corner of the top sheet stuffed in the bottom of the door.

Alistair opened the door, his shirts and pants  were all over the closet floor in lumps of folded and wrinkled clothes. 

"Micha? Baby? "

He heard a faint sniffling from the far corner  under a pile of slacks.

"What? " Micha threw the pants off him ,his face screwed up and tears stained his crimson cheeks.

Alistair cocked his head to the side, frowning." Why are you crying? "

He sniffles again and wipes his face with one of Alistair's pant legs, practically blowing his nose in it.

"Its all Keith's fault! "The boy wailed ,new tears fell to his cheeks .

"What'd he do this time? "

"He ate my Lucky Charms. "

"The new box I just got you? "

Micha nodded." And then, and then, and then , then, then he left it open! And I had some and it was stale,  then there was a spider in there! And it bit me! "

"Where, baby?  Let me kiss  it    better."

"Lookit. See? "The boy held out his hand, Alistair got to his knees and inspected him. There wasn't anything there but the man decided to humor him and he kissed the tips of each one of his pale fingers.

"I'm sorry he's such an asshole. "

"And he put it on the top self so I had to climb to get it. Look what happened to my toe," Micha put his foot in Alistair's hand.

The biggest toe on Micha's left foot was swollen and the nail was chipped at the corner, another part of the nail was ripped clean off ,exposing flesh. 

"This doesn't hurt? "

The boy shrugged.  "Not really. "

"But the spider bite hurt? "

Micha nodded solemnly." It hurt a lot.  You should kiss it again." He offered his hand.

Alistair chuckled and kissed the pads of Micha's fingers, after the first few rounds he sucked one into his mouth and Micha whimpered softly, egging him on.

Then the door bell rang.

Micha giggled and reached for Alistair ,  he picked him up and carried him downstairs while he   rubbed his temple  against the two day scruff that had grew on the man's face.

He put Micha down and opened the door.

It was his mother.

Of course.

"Hi, ma. Why are you always here? "

"I came to see my baby. "

Alistair smiled."Aww. "

"No,  not you."

"Oh. " Alistair closed the door and picked Micha back up, he reopened  the door and gave her Micha.

"Mommy! "

"Baby."

Alistair huffed." He's my baby... by the way."