4- I'm Not Crazy

A normal human being would not believe it when I say my pet dog, who is actually a wolf, talks to me over my mind. He said he was a wolf. But he's definitely not a normal wolf because I've seen wolves before and they did not talk to me.

The day after Apollo talked to me, which I still believe was delusional, I took my bike and rode to the Ashendale Adoption Center. Good thing Martin was working on the counter by the entrace so I wouldn't have to go through to foul dog smell. 

"What's up?" Martin asked me when I walked in. "Apollo talked to me." I said blatantly. He blinked at me, folding a piece of paper and then placed it in a drawer. When he closed it, he looked at me. 

"How can a wolf talk to you?" He asked. I threw my hands up in the air in exasperation. "Not like that. He talked over my mind." I pointed to my head.

"Over your mind." He repeated. I nodded my head. "You're crazy," He said, then I glared at him. "I'm serious!"

He leaned his face towards me, the bill of his hat touched my forehead. "You can't tell this to anyone." He whispered, and then he backed away, "Do you know something about it?" I asked. I get the feeling that he does know something, but I've only known him for a while, so I wouldn't be positive. He's probably trying to protect me from being called the crazy dog girl of Ashendale.

"Well I have dogs in my house. Ironically, I have a female wolf. She's always in the woods." He whispered to me, looking around to see if someone was watching us in the empty lobby. It didn't make sense. Does his female wolf also talk to him?

"Does she-" I said, but he cut me off immediately. "Yes!

I opened my mouth to speak, but then closed it. I didn't know what to say. "Just don't tell it to anyone." He said, and gave me a pat in the back, trailing his fingers on my shoulder as he walked away.

"Okay." I said before he opened the door to the dog shelter.

***********

"Soo..." My voice trailed off. Apollo was sitting down in front of me and I was on the couch. The television was right behind him.

So..?

His voice was mature. I don't think he's a little boy if he's human, since he talks like he's a professor giving lectures to students.

Of course I'm not

"What"

I'm not a little boy.

"I didn't say that."  

You were thinking it.

"Oh great. You read thoughts too." I said, rolling my eyes. His head nodded, then he wagged his tail while he stuck his tongue out to breathe.

I'm hungry.

"Well go hunt or whatever." I said, getting up to slowly go to my room. I sound like a bitch but I was still struck by the fact he can read my thoughts.

But your mom bought me food.

I groaned, turned around, and headed to the kitchen. His bowl was empty. I took a bowl and stuck my hand in the big box-sized container filled with dog food. I figured this was of feeding him would be better than sticking my hand in the plastic bag. It was a bit annoying. I dumped the bowl into his own food dish.

Thanks.

"Yeah. So tell me, why can you talk to me?" I asked, staring at him. He remained quiet. He just laid on the floor, the food dish in between his legs as he eats.