Chapter 2 - Losing A Comrade

Two years later...

Sasuke blocked the Kazekage's sand attacks using his Susano while Juugo was shielding himself and Suigetsu using his wings. He was already turned, letting himself prey to the insanity in moments of pressure.

The entire Sunagakure was trying to stop the criminals from leaving the village. Although they meant no harm and took care to sneak in without being seen, their well trained sensory ninjas detected them.

Their initial mission was finding Itachi. Karin sensed his chakra in this village. And Sasuke... He felt like he was at the highest level of his power, being ready to confront his brother.

Karin was supposed to wait for them here, outside the village, but there was no sign of her.

Gaara tried to trap Sasuke in his sand coffin but Sasuke jumped back, sensing the small particles of sand. Now, he was out of the Kazekage's rage.

"I know that I promised Naruto to not hunt you down and escort you alive to Konoha. But your crossed the boundaries by sneaking into this village." the red haired man spoke.

"And what makes you think that you can kill me?" Sasuke asked seriously.

"You are outnumbered."

Sasuke took a glace at the tall stone wall where shinobis of different ranks were awaiting the Kage's signal to attack. There were thousads of them. Some corpses were lying up above, with blood dripping from their mouths. Team Hebi did a lot of damage.

Sasuke calmly closed his eyes. In his mind, popped the image of Team 7 in their genin days. What would they do towards an enemy?

He slowly opened his eyes, blood pouring from their corners.

"Amaterasu!" he directed it towards the ninjas and Gaara. The Kazekage had time to shield himself, letting the black flames swallow his sand. Others, weren't so lucky. Screams echoed through the night while the fire melted their bones.

"Sasuke!" Karin screamed, appearing from behind a rock.

He looked up, seeing how Gaara tried to surroud him and seal him away. His Susano broke the sand layer and jumped a few feet back.

The avenger made a few hand seals sending lighting towards the ninjas behind Gaara. It pierced a few of them, but many dodged.

The lightning hit the stone wall, making some huge rocks fall.

Surrouded by enemies in every part, Karin didn't have time to dodge the one coming towards her.

"Sasukeeee!" she screamed before she was crushed under it's weight. Sasuke looked towards the rock with no emotion painted on his face.

"Sasuke, we have to go!" Suigetsu screamed panicked.

The raven haired man nodded, grabbed both if his team mates, and vanished into the night.

*

"What are we doing outside Konoha?" Suigetsu asked staring towards the Hokage's mountain from the village's wall. The wind blew through Sasuke's hair and he inhaled deeply the chilly air of the night.

It's been five days since Karin died in Suna and Sasuke had a debate within himself if his new idea was worth risking. Now, without a sensoring ninja, he couldn't find Itachi anymore but he thought about giving Akatsuki recent informations about Konoha in exchange for informations about his brother. And it was a double win. He will also get a medical ninja in his team.

"Wait here. Your chakra is not familiar and the barrier has been changed. They may pay no mind to me thank's to my chakra nature."

"Sasuke, why would you risk again our team to come back here?" Juugo asked calmly.

"If you can't stay... Then take me with you!"

Her shaking voice ran through his head. He vanished from Konoha's wall and appeared on a random tall building. He admired the sleepy village. The village that he once called home. It hasn't changed that much. Only the people.

He closed his eyes and tried to sense her chakra. It was faint, but it was there. She is probably asleep.

The raven haired man jumped from building to building until he was in front of her window. She lived in the same place.

He silently opened her unlocked window and jumped fast in her bedroom, closing it behind, not allowing the wind to ruffle her hair.

In the dim light, laying on the bed, he noticed her thin figure. She was dressed in shorts and a tight crop top while her blanket was tossed on the floor. He could swear that he saw dry tears on her cheeks. What troubled her? he wondered.

Should he ask her to come with him or he should just take her? He knew from the past that she was genjutsu resistant but until she will break it, they would have already arrived at the hideout.

But maybe... She will come willingly. After all, she did say that she would. Is she the same foolish girl who would do anything for him? He hoped so.

A strand of pink hair was glued to her lips. He moved it behind her ear softly so he could have a good view of her face.

"I love you so much, I can't even stand it!"

"Sakura... Thank you!"

Why did he have these memories so suddenly? Why the images of them popped in his mind in the most inappropriate moments?

Her figure shifted a bit and she was laying now on her back.

"Sasuke..." she whispered.

His eyes widened. For a second, he thought that she noticed him. But she was dreaming. Why was she dreaming about him? He was no longer his past self and the things will never be the same. She has to let it go.

The pinkette felt a presence in her room and quickly got up in her bum. Her eyes scanned the surroudings of her room that was barely illuminated by the moonlight. The hair on the back of her neck raised and her skin got goosebumps. There was someone in there. She felt them watching her.

With shaking hands she grabbed the kunai from the night stand. Her feet touched the cold floor, making her shiver.

Sasuke was watching from the corner with his crimson eyes burning through her skin.

Her wild eyes were moving across the room.

He was standing behind her, leaning on the wall, being entertained.

"This can't be..." she whispered to herself like a mad woman. She felt a really familiar chakra but she couldn't pinpoint whose it was. "Who is there?" she gathered the courage to ask out loud.

Sasuke smirked. So much for her brute strength and courage.

She took a step back but he vanished right before she was about to bump into his chest. She let out a scream, feeling the air waves surrouding her.

The raven haired man appeared on her roof, starting to head back to his team mates, casually. He will come for her soon. Taking the Hokage's apprentice won't be an easy plan. Everything had to be perfect and he hoped he won't get injured until then.

A masked ANBU man was watching from the shadow how the rogue ninja left Sakura's appartment.

"Interesting..."