Spoken Poetry: Forget About Me

Written on: November 16, 2017

"Forget about me"

The love sealed between us under the night sky with fireflies gathered around us meant nothing.
The promise of us with the ocean as a witness and its water kissing our feet is just another words that is meant to be forgotten.
The affection that we have done together and the places that we have filled with memories are just something to be rubbed off.
The gifts are just another material things with no meaning and would rot when its time come.

"Forget about me"

Your tears and your words gives no more glee to me.
Everything about you and I is a waste of time.
Our love is not something divine for you to waste a dime to come to where I am.
Your efforts shall be disregarded and your heart shall be thrown into trash by me.

Can’t you see that I no more give a damn in your fantasy?

"Just forget about me"

Go scram! Leave me at peace and give yourself a break from all this shit.
When will your eyes open and admit to yourself that all of this is just something that both of us made?
Something that is all made up like a dream in your sleep and you wanting to keep it even though it is never going back.
I am not a gold to be admired nor a rare diamond to be showed such affection yet you made me a God and turned yourself into a joke.

I never knew that you could do a comedy skit.

"Can’t you hear what I’m trying to say? FORGET ABOUT ME!"

My scent that had become one with you will fade away like you have discovered that fairytales are not real….impossible to exist.
The places where we have marked our memories will someday be left as what it was before you have met me.
It shall be our forgotten history and that I assure you so please go and take your leave for there is no more room for you in my heart.
To me you are the most beautiful flower I have picked and had withered as days had passed.

And you have taken your leave, at last!

That is when tears started streaming down to my cheeks and dropped on the ground as if watering a plant.
You are no joke and it is I of who is the fool around here.
Your perseverance, optimism, and true love is what I have endeared about you.
Who knew that it would be too soon for you to give up yet I have no right to whine for I was the one who made the decision to do that.

The night when our love was sealed by our lips, you shone brighter than the fireflies and you made me the happiest person that night.
The promise of ours is more than a jewel to be treasured but it is just another story that never came true.
Your affection and love is my addiction and God knows how could I live without you but I have to teach myself. Give myself sometime or probably a rehabilitation.
And I’d still go back to the places we’d been to reminisce the time we had spent together and I'd space myself out staring at the gifts you had given me.

How I’d love to wipe your tears, to kiss your lips, to love go back to you when you were begging to me.
I had been persevering not take my words back because once I am up for this there is no turning back.
Our love is not divine but perfectly imperfect yet still you are wasting your time for everything I am.
How could you disregard the pain that I am continuously giving to you and how you are still wanting me after all that.

To me you are a tree that would stay beautiful even in hundreds of years.
That protected me in the sunlight and during the rain.
You are the tree that gave me everything that I needed and was still willing to give everything you had despite of how badly I treated you.
People would ask me why? Why did I ever do such thing?

I am a devil that would cut you down.
Because I am a star that shouldn’t be reached nor looked at because I would die.
I would die and I would live you broken for eternity.
All of our promises would be just false hopes and I don’t want you to cry nor die at being heart broken.

I want you to have joy, the eternal happiness and I am not the one who would be able to give that dream of yours so I let you find another man who would make the things we once promise to each other come true. Even if today it pains me for pushing you away but I wouldn’t regret this because I know in the future you will be happy and knowing that would make me rest in peace.

You may never know nor find about this but I love you but my love is not enough for the phrase “I love you to the moon and back.”